systwm trouble

Participant count
  • Participant list

916al

Have an entry level kenwood amp

4ga power and ground

Decent RCAs

Decent HU

My problem is sometimes the sub will bang and everything sounds awesome...other times it wont sound as good or loud/deep. I put in different Rcas about a month ago and for 3 weeks it sounded great...but now sometimes it bangs and other times it doesnt...any help is appreciated thanks

Im sorry if I sound dumb but this is my first system how do I ground the rca's

Also I dont know what you mean by isolate the component...because just the sub is the problem of it not banging like it can sorry if I sound dumb

I read up on the forums and read that grounding the rcas is to weed out small noises engine whine...I dont have engine whine or anything like that its just that ill start the car system wont bang as deep/loud/powerful and ill get off at my destination come back and turn it on and it will bang awesome for what it is

By ear and test tone...yeah I was thinking that...had the same amp wit another system had the stock 1991 deck and never had that trouble till now...I was planning to get a new amp anyway thanks for the advice!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.