System turned wack!

Participant count
  • Participant list

GiOdi
10+ year member

When I first got my system put in it sounded great. Now, 18 months later, it sounds like crap. I've messed around with the x-overs, and equalizer and I can get I to sound good for one cd or song, but when I change cd's it sounds like crap again. I've taken it back to the place where I had it installed, but I end up with the same result. I got a Knwood amp for my sub and an Apine for my hi's and mids....all my speaker are Boston Acoustic. Any suggestions as to to what the problem is? Is it the amp? Would a sound processor help?

lose the EQ. just use your amps crossovers. that might not work but worth a shot. if you have a crappy eq it could make things sound worse

I have a Kenwood EQ and I've tried setting all the frequencies to 0. I've had similiar problems before and I replaced the amp and it sounded fine. Is it possible the amp is just worn out?

well you just said that you've tried a different amp and it fixed the problem so yeah i'm guessing there is something up with the amp. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ya gotta love when stuff just starts to go bad. which amp was it your tried replacing like what model?? and what did you replace it with?

Ok...i got

Alpine MRV-T707 Bass Amp

MRV-F407 Mids & Hi's

Kenwood KDC-X717 HU

Kenwood KGC-9044 11 band EQ

...before I had an Eclipse ? amp.

Last time I had this problem, I ended up just replacing everything. I'm in my car for less that 10 hrs. a week, I do almost always have my stereo loud though. Is it normal to have to replace an amp or another component every year or so?

Originally posted by GiOdi Ok...i got

Alpine MRV-T707 Bass Amp

MRV-F407 Mids & Hi's

Kenwood KDC-X717 HU

Kenwood KGC-9044 11 band EQ

...before I had an Eclipse ? amp.

Last time I had this problem, I ended up just replacing everything. I'm in my car for less that 10 hrs. a week, I do almost always have my stereo loud though. Is it normal to have to replace an amp or another component every year or so?
Absolutely not. Good quality components should last for quite a long time, if a) they are installed correctly the FIRST time, and b) if you do not abuse them. In what way does your system "sound like crap"?

It's actually not my sstem...it's my bosses. The problem was that he'd put in a cd and it would sound "tinny" & hollow. So he'd adjust the EQ and sill couldn't get it to sound right, so he'd go to the x-overs on the amps and it'd sound good eventually. Then when he'd put in a new cd he'd have to start over.

He went ahead and got a sound processor and upgraded the speakers today...so we'll see how it sounds, it should be good. I really appreciate your guys help, i'll let you know how it goes.

Kenwood KDC-X717 HU

Alpine MRV-T707 Bass Amp

MRV-F407 Mids & Hi's

Boston Acoustic Rally 6' Comp. in back

Pro 6' Comp in front

JL 10 W?

Audiobahn Sound processor

O...my bad....it's an '98, '99 eclipse. He got it back today and the problems fixed, but it still doesn't sound the way he wants it to. Just needs some EQ tweaks.

wicked.... i am a big eclipse fan... i can't wait to get mine... there is a guy here that has a 1998 with 2500 miles on it (yeah 2500 miles) for like $16000 cdn ($11000 US approx) might buy that if he's still got it this time next year (which he prob will cuase no one around here goes for imports its all domestic)

Yeah...I like Eclipses too, but personally I think of them mor as a girls car especially in white. They do look tight, but it's just something about em. It's probably because almost every cheerleader at my high school had one.

girly car nothing. maybe your a girly car!!! just joking man. nah i still like them (maybe i am girly or soething but) yea the new ones look kinda similiar to the new grand am (or grand prix i always mix them up) but i like the older ones. (like the 98 i am looking at) i might get a 200 civic si (i think si i always get that mixed up too) but there seems to be so many civics around. anyways yeah

I guess I am girly. I do like them, but I just wouldn't drive one. I don't really like Civic's...everyone has one out here (southern Cali). Are you going to rice it up? How much are you looking to spend on a car? If you want to spend like $32 grand US, i would suggest a Infiniti G35.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.