system shuts down

dave1155

I have just a stock stereo system. It used to work just fine, have not done anything to it. Now, when I crank the volume, it starts popping and then the sound goes off. The stereo is still on just no sound. What could be causing this and would it be a simple fix or would i have to get into the body of the car to fix?

Originally posted by dave1155 I have just a stock stereo system. It used to work just fine, have not done anything to it. Now, when I crank the volume, it starts popping and then the sound goes off. The stereo is still on just no sound. What could be causing this and would it be a simple fix or would i have to get into the body of the car to fix?
you have either crossed speaker wires OR grounding speaker wires. Get a multimeter and remove ALL speaker wires from the HU. Test each speaker for the correct resistance. Then test for correct reisitance to ground ON each lead of a speaker. You'll find one speaker's wiring is incorrect. Then trace it wiring back to the speaker looking for damage to the wire Or crossing wires.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.