System help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

RunninRedline
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
About a year ago I purchased Hat L1V2, L3, L8 system and an Audison LRx6.9 to run them active. I then got a little skittish and worried that it would never sound right. I was very pleasantly surprised by my car's factory system clarity. I'm a little disappointed with the output lately and my factory sub has blown and was very underwhelming anyway. I decided I would get a Audison BitOne to help me make the tuning process of the system a bit easier.

I want to try to run a minimal system that has good SQ and SPL, is efficient and space conscious. I was thinking of using the ARC KS mini's for amps. Preferably I'd like to try to run without a sub. I used to have 2 TC 1000's 8" and that was a little much. I'm thinking that cost wise running a sub might be more bang for the buck.

Proposed system ideas that I've tossed around:

Highs: HAT L3

Woofer: HAT L8

Sub: Dayton HO 10 or Morel TiCW 10 or Hertz HX250

Highs HAT L3

Woofer: HAT L8 x2 (mount 1 set in the front doors and 1 set in the rear doors for more SPL)

Sub: None

High: Hertz ML280

Mid: Hertz ML700

Woofer: Hertz ML1600

Sub: Dayton HO 10 or Morel TiCW 10 or Hertz HX250

I'm open to suggestions. Thanks for the help.

8s in the doors along with mids and tweets should do well.

Tuning and your skills would be a major part of how it sounds.

Ditch rear door speakers. Unless you can time align them they will probably frustrate you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.