switching rca's and birthsheet help

Participant count
  • Participant list

sciullo779
10+ year member

just wondering if say my kicker 500.1 amp is rated for 603Wrms if i can set the gains to that spec or around 580W, its around 550 at the moment,

and also im changing from cheap mobilespec to level 2 stinger pro rca's and i didnt know if i should re adjust the gains

You shouldn't have to adjust anything after only changing RCA cables.

How do you know your amp is pushing 550 watts? What have you done that gave you that number?

You're not going to notice a difference in an extra 30-50 watts, but I guarantee you're not getting the power you think anyway. If your amp is pushing 600 watts, once your sub(s) start moving, you will have impedance rise, which means your 1 ohm load is now 2 ohms (not exactly, just an example) and your 600 watts just got cut to 300-400 (theoretically)

it rated at 603 in a perfect world were nothing changes like themessenjah said it changes when the subs move so in turn your power from your amp changes up and down

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.