Switching from halogen to xenon.

bumpin_blazer
5,000+ posts

Only the Strong Survive
Austin,TX
Well i got my truck today and I hate the headlights. Breaklights have already been ordered and they will be here next week. here are the tail's if you were curious: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7992088393&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT. The truck is a solid black dakota v8 so i think the tail lights will look nice. Anyway, I need some thoughts or way of getting rid of halogen and getting something better. suggestions with links or pricing would be great.

you cant do a true xenon light with unless changing the entire headlight unit itself. i dont know exactly how they work, im sure someone here does though, but i do know they use xenon gas.

Well i was either thinking xenon or HID. most HID is about 200-300 bucks though and i'd rather get exhaust at that point;). On the blazer, she's dead and gone sadly:(. blew the head gasket 10 days ago.

The Xenon kit will consist of a ballast and the proper suited bulbs (i.e. 9004, 9003, H3, H4, etc.) The higher the Kelvin rating, the ifferent he light output will look, although there is a tradeoff between light output and color at around 6000K. Just pop the bulbs in and mount the Ballast...nothing to it and the light output is AWESOME!!!

IMHO, you are completley wasting your money if you get an exhuast system. You will recieve NO gains from an exhuast system unless you upgrade the primary components of the exhuast first, that is, you will only see gains from replacing the headers and he y-pipe. Only then will a different exhaust be needed, and the gains will only be within the realm of 3 to 6hP.

With all due respects, if you are an 'ALL SHOW NO GO' kind of driver (and there is nothing wrong with that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif ) then I would say either will sui you well. If you are looking to make your ride faster, get the Xenons and start saving for headers in the meantime.

The Xenon kit will consist of a ballast and the proper suited bulbs (i.e. 9004, 9003, H3, H4, etc.) The higher the Kelvin rating, the ifferent he light output will look, although there is a tradeoff between light output and color at around 6000K. Just pop the bulbs in and mount the Ballast...nothing to it and the light output is AWESOME!!!
IMHO, you are completley wasting your money if you get an exhuast system. You will recieve NO gains from an exhuast system unless you upgrade the primary components of the exhuast first, that is, you will only see gains from replacing the headers and he y-pipe. Only then will a different exhaust be needed, and the gains will only be within the realm of 3 to 6hP.

With all due respects, if you are an 'ALL SHOW NO GO' kind of driver (and there is nothing wrong with that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif ) then I would say either will sui you well. If you are looking to make your ride faster, get the Xenons and start saving for headers in the meantime.
yeah i'm all show no go;). not really though lol. i've ordered headers, y-pipe and exhaust now. oh along with a supercharger that fits the 5.2l v8 that's in my truck. I'm having it all installed sometime in september but i'll update you guys when i do. i've tried 3 different type of the "blue" lights all with no difference in brightness or blue tone. then again it might be that the headlight (actual plastic and such) are old and kinda fogged over. Any suggestions for what to replace those with??

remember though, he doesnt drive a VQ...V8's SOUND fast and buff with the simple bolt ons

I would get some projector headlights and install the conversion kit like said before consist of the ballast, wiring harness and bulbs, real easy to install.

Silverstars are nice, I have them myself, but nothing compared to HID's. They make the biggest difference in the world if you drive at night at all.

a full hid conversion is about 350 bucks though and that's a bit much to me. i'm happy with the xenon's i got i just need suggestions for new headlight housing. mainly something as close to clear as possible without having to do clear turn signals.

silver stars are good but IMO save the money and get a true HID kit, you can find them on ebay for around 250-300 for a true kit. If you go that route make sure you go with a good name brand. I went with the Mcculloch kit and love it...check out the sig

really you should consider getting the real deal, it is well worth the money. Here are a few pics...

wODkzODk0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wMTAxODY4MzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

here is a pic of it just turned on and heating up....

wMTAxODY4NDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

and here she is after a 1-2 minutes after heating up, I have the 5000k kit for that true white look...

wMTAxODY4NTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

enjoy....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.