Swapping radios

Participant count
  • Participant list

wolfmanyoda

IN
Hello everyone, new guy here who knows jack about car audio.

I just bought a 2005 Pontiac Montana and I plan on selling my 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan. The caravan's radio sounds way better than the Montana.

Since they are from different manufacturers, would it be possible to swap out the radio and speakers? (Caravan has nice infinity speakers)

If so, would it be easy?

Thanks for any responses

nope. different in every way. probably wouldn't even mount up, and the wiring is totally different. sorry.

time to visit your local car audio shop and talk about upgrading the speakers and an amplifier. GM makes replacing the head unit quite tricky/pricy with their Class II Data Bus. it can be done, but you're buying a $100 adapter just to install the new head unit.

Results for: DODGE > CARAVAN >

Vehicle Speakers

Location Size Depth

Front 1 5X7 4

Front 2 5.25 3

Rear 1 6X9 3

Results for: PONTIAC > MONTANA >

Vehicle Speakers

Location Size Depth

Front 1 6.5 3

Rear 1 6.5 3

unfortunutly you wont beable to swap it. and the reason the caravan sounds better is because it has an amplifier on the factory system. if you wanted the montana to sound better start with some new speakers an a radio

thanks for doing the digging.

the factory amp(s) complicates things even more. some Infinity systems had amplifiers on the magnets of the speakers, some had a single remote amp. you'd have to swap wiring as well as equipment... assuming it fit.

thanks for doing the digging.
the factory amp(s) complicates things even more. some Infinity systems had amplifiers on the magnets of the speakers, some had a single remote amp. you'd have to swap wiring as well as equipment... assuming it fit.
no problem i was at work so i had access to all those payed for goodies lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.