svc wiring question

diminishedpower
10+ year member

I Like Chicken
Iowa
i have 2 8 ohm svc subs(xpl kickers) and i want to hook them up in parrallel. I know that u hook all pos togetehr and all negaticve to gether but how do u do that actually? Does it mean make a pigtail with the wire?(aka take the three wires, 2 pos sub and one leading to the amp, and compine them with a wire nut?)thnx

assuming you have a 2-channel amp that is bridgeable; you take the postive running from each subs and connect it to the +bridge terminal on your amp. Negative from both subs to -bridge terminal.

you could run two sets of wires from the amp (one set to each sub), Or you could run 1 set and hook it up to the first sub and then hook the other sub to that sub.

And Never use Wire nuts in a car audio application, they are meant for a non moving environment and they will fall off, Use some sort of Crimp cap or Butt Connector to make all of your connections (unless you solder your wires)

Follow Drums directions. But you don't need a crimp cap or butt connector. ALL you need is some old fashioned electrical tape that is what i use. Just Kiddin, if you use that you don't deserve to own a car audio system. I would run two sets of wires from the amp. 1 Set to each speaker. Most of the time the terminals on an amp are big enough that you can fit two wires in them as long as you are not using something as rediculous as 8 ga. or something.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.