SUV Sub Suggestions....

I recently sold my Dodge Stratus and bought a '05 Dodge Durango. I had a 10" Alpine Type R w/ 500w @ 2 ohms but now I want to expand a little. I'm afraid the single 10" does not have enough to fill the vehicle like I want. I already have a Hifonics Bxi1608D capable of doing 1600 @ 1 ohm or close to it. I would like to run 1100w @ 2 ohms to keep from having to upgrade my electrical system.

I have been looking into different product but would like your recommendations.

Here is what I have come up with so far.

1) Purchase a second 10" Type R and moderately set the gains.

2) Purchase a Pair of Type R 12's and moderately set the gains

3) Purchase a ________________ that sounds great at 1100w and out performs the type R.

Are there any single subs that would out perform 2 type r's with the power I already have?. I would like to keep some space if possible.

Thanks for the help

shhhhhhhh......dont say that! if you put those in the first bass note they hit will move your truck forward 50ft. with it in park. and thats with the 4" models.

k next question. How do they perform? Do they sound good in a sealed enclosure. I would like to save some trunk space. Can they take 1600w daily?

Also, could my stock electrical system handle 1600w w/o needing any upgrades?

k next question. How do they perform? Do they sound good in a sealed enclosure. I would like to save some trunk space. Can they take 1600w daily?
Also, could my stock electrical system handle 1600w w/o needing any upgrades?
What size alternator do you have? Are you not also going to run an amp for your speakers up front?

I would not count on it.

Id vote for an 18" bl, if your looking to get louder than the q and still sound halfway decent. I'd at least do the big 3 upgrade and possibly an extra battery.

i bet you probly have 130 amp or around there in your durango, wire that thing to 1 ohm and do the big 3, then throw a hdc3, dc lvl 4, or fi bl on there. you will be more than happy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Looks like 136-140a. Yes I plan on running an amp to my front speakers. Count it handle 1100 daily in your opinion?
I think so, I would be very comfortable with that if I were you. I running a total of 1250 with just a 70 amp -- don't ask me how, I really expected to have to change out altys.

K I like the Fi BL and the HDC3 and think I might go with a 15". Which would would have better SQ. I want it loud but would sacrifice some output for a little better sq. Also, should port or seal? Will it still get loud sealed while retaining some sq?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.