Supertweeter Location

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
I have the McLaren MLT2 tweeters that are 1 inch deep, 2.75 motor diamtere and 3.75 diameter at the face of the tweeter. I am trying to find a location for this other than cutting the physical door panel. Any suggestions? I can try to make pvc pods with them but I was wondering if there were other suggestions.

6c86b134d5.jpg

I might have to do that and angle them somehow. Not sure yet.
im pretty sure there reasoning is for better sound imaging as well, so to some it would be the prefered place, is that not a tweeter pod on the passenger side in the pic??

Mine are in the doors. I'm not a "sound quality" guy, but they're fine for me
I would rather not cut up my door panels if I don't have to. I might try and angle it with some small wood and glue it to the panels or something like that

I would rather not cut up my door panels if I don't have to. I might try and angle it with some small wood and glue it to the panels or something like that
I haven't cut my door panels at all, actually. Mounted a "pod" where the factory grill was, using existing mounting holes

I haven't cut my door panels at all, actually. Mounted a "pod" where the factory grill was, using existing mounting holes
Can you take a picture and text it to me? Or post it on here.

Can you take a picture and text it to me? Or post it on here.
Pics were in my old build log, I'll see if I can find them.

Right now they're in "limbo" and look really shitty. I'm in the process of adding another 8" mid to each door. I'll have two 8" Sundown neopro mids and one supertweeter in each door. Wood rings and fiberglassing are done, but I have to do the rest of the bondo/sand process.

I've only got pics of the "temporary" ones

Pics were in my old build log, I'll see if I can find them.
Right now they're in "limbo" and look really shitty. I'm in the process of adding another 8" mid to each door. I'll have two 8" Sundown neopro mids and one supertweeter in each door. Wood rings and fiberglassing are done, but I have to do the rest of the bondo/sand process.

I've only got pics of the "temporary" ones
That's fine.

This is the old style. Just went outside and took the last pic

IMG_20150907_155116_503_zpsjyrxs3ot.jpg

IMG_20150907_162304_016_zpsg5gjujlk.jpg

IMG_20150907_165728_405_zps5ajnkg9o.jpg

IMG_20150909_173451_818_zpsrkebqfdx.jpg

IMG_20150909_173459_737_zpsv6c3lsse.jpg

IMG_20150909_173633_281_zps4h5gan6x.jpg

IMG_20160109_194210_150_zpsdw9rjlq5.jpg

The cosmic duct tape is holding my window switch panel in place, lol. I rattled them loose on both front doors

I have the McLaren MLT2 tweeters that are 1 inch deep, 2.75 motor diamtere and 3.75 diameter at the face of the tweeter. I am trying to find a location for this other than cutting the physical door panel. Any suggestions? I can try to make pvc pods with them but I was wondering if there were other suggestions.
6c86b134d5.jpg
Go to wrecking yard or dealer and get another set of A pillar trims and fiberglass some mounts where you want them and your all set and when you sell it you can swap them out with originals. Dont be scared its really alot easier than you think I just did my first set and they came out really nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.