Super Budget Build

T.I.K.
10+ year member

F*ck it, we'll do it live
Michigan
My friend liked my system, but said it was way too much bass for him, but he wants something, so he asked me to figure something out for him. He wanted it to stay under $400, and wanted it to be as cheap as possible but still be alright, and this is what I came up with

1 x AQ SDC2.0 10" - $91.25 Shipped

1 x MBQ FX1.600w - $118.95 Shipped

1 x Knu 4ga amp kit - $60 Shipped

so 270 dollars, then with box like 310 bucks.

I figure he can put down some serious numbers, some 120's, maybe even break a couple world records with some 130's

make sure he has an aftermarket headunit unlike so people.......^^^^

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

lol sounds like a decent setup. I agree with just goin with the 2.5
me and kangaroux talked, I can get an 8ga wire kit for $25 and that should be fine for 600w, and that'll let me get the 2.5 for basically the same overall price.

check pawn shops for a HU. make sure they can show u it works though.

might wanna consider the dcon too but it costs more. the 2.0 should be a good budget sub.

I wish I went with a setup like that when I got started. my whole system cost 300 but that included a HU, 4 speakers, sub, amp and box. you can guess. wasn't amazing but got the job done.

ps. if the amp kit isn't complete factor in speaker wire and RCAs.

if ur on a tight budget DB links make a good amp kit that is complete, 4g and only like 45$

that's what I used.

dB Link is overrated wire - 4 awg isn't actual 4 awg, just 8 awg with more insulation. same with their "1/0". hold it next to Streetwires and you'll see the difference.

a good 8 awg kit should be fine, just make sure to get a good one, not a cheap walmart special.

dB Link is overrated wire - 4 awg isn't actual 4 awg, just 8 awg with more insulation. same with their "1/0". hold it next to Streetwires and you'll see the difference.
a good 8 awg kit should be fine, just make sure to get a good one, not a cheap walmart special.
Yup, a good one is necessary.

Was gonna get cadence 8ga, i've been told it's true 8ga and OFC, so good ish. I thought about the DCON, but idk if i'd run 600 to a DCON daily.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.