Sundown Z v3 15" VS DC Level 4 15"

UDI
10+ year member

Hello, I want to buy a new sub

there are two options that could be the best for me

sundown z v3 15" or dc level 4 15"

the sundown will cost me around 50$ more than the DC

cant really get a better sub because of their prices in my country.

I got Celestra FA1.6k monoblock and XS Power D2400

so, which sub is better? which one will be louder with my setup?

does the Z worth the extra 50$ ?

their prices in my country are 660$ for the Z and 610$ for the DC

thanks.

i have zv3s. Never heard the dc 4s. So i cant compare. I love my zv3s tho. theyre loud as ****, and having upgraded from sa 15s to zv3 15s, its a shitt lload louder on the same watts.

zv3 should be compared to the xl
in that case the difference between the zv3 to the xl is around 250$

xl in my country is around 910$, maybe even more.

what do you guys think about zv3 15 on 1600 rms? i've heard that the zv3 loves power

There wont be much difference between the two at that power level.But if you upgrade the ZV3 might do a little better. I have two level 4's in a 4th order on 3K each and they rock. Again your not gonna see much difference between the two at your power, box will be everything.

i have a small car, so there aren't so many options with the design of the box.

but i've got my old subs box, 5 cf with two 6" ports (26" length), i can convert it to one sub box

is it too big?

does 5.3 ft^3 box (4.2 + 1.1 ports) will fit the Zv3 15 on 1600rms?

or i will need to build a new box?

in that case the difference between the zv3 to the xl is around 250$xl in my country is around 910$, maybe even more.

what do you guys think about zv3 15 on 1600 rms? i've heard that the zv3 loves power
Z series is a great platform and IMO better softparts than the DC. Either should make you very happy. I would suggest going with whichever will give you the best customer service!

5 cube with 15-18" port area per cube will get loud. I like 5 cube for a single 15. You'll want plenty of bracing and/or double walls on the box.

Israel, the prices are really crazy here.
Can you get Morrel for a fair price there? They have some good woofers or if you could get a deal you could probably buy some stuff and do a trade in your favor.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.