SunDown x8"s Enclosure help.

ROBL3870

hello, I am new to this forum and starting a new project and looking for some help. I have a 2016 Silverado Chevy Crew cab and this is my current set up i have. I purchased i Subthump box that is made to drop right under the back seat and i put in 2 SunDown sd-3 10d4 subs in that box and i am powering them with a Sundown Sae 1100.5 amp. Last week i purchased 2 Sundown x8 sub woofers that i want to use instead. Now i have some enclosure knowledge when it comes to sealed enclosures but not vented ones and these require a vented enclosure. So i am hoping to learn more through this forum and accomplish building this enclosure to go in my truck. i am sure some in the forum have similar set up like this where i can get some ideas . Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the links. After reading the links you added i could see i did not give you nearly enough info to assist me . I will add more info shortly. Thanks again.

Here is a little more info.

Vehicle :2016 Chevrolet Silverado crew cab

Location in the vehicle: Under rear seat (already installed 3” seat lift)

Space available (Length x Width x Height):54 x 16 X H1 9.5 H2 6.50 (ANGLED ENCLOSURE)

Subwoofer make and model: SunDown x8

Subwoofer Size:8”

Number of Subwoofers: 2

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): AERO

What type of music do you like?: ROCK AND SOME R&b

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday

Tuning Freq (Hz): ?

Volume :?

Questions:

Thanks for all of the links. They are some really nice box builds . This is something i want to try to build myself and really learn how to do it. I am going to put together a drawing of what i am trying to build based on the space i have to work with. When i get it done i will post the drawing.

thanks for all the feedback

This is the drawing i threw together just to give you an idea of what i am trying to accomplish.

The measurements you see are not of the actual box but the sizes i have to work with. My first question is if i use a vented port over Aero port is the front of the box and the back of the box are different heights will that affect port area? Or is port area only based on length? I am new to building this type of enclosure so please go easy on my if not asking sensible questions.

Looking through the forum i think i put this thread in the wrong section i probably should of put it under Enclosure design. Is there anyway i can have it moved over there?

Looking through the forum i think i put this thread in the wrong section i probably should of put it under Enclosure design. Is there anyway i can have it moved over there?
I think its in its final resting place... probably best to start a new thread in that section.... lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.