Sundown X Series 10/12/15/18 Pre-Order : ETA June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look into a sealed box; with the SA-8 v.2 that is not really an option as it does not do well sealed -- but with these sealed is a great option and should provide the type of response it sounds like you want.

I know that a ported box can provide that type of response. Years ago I had a 12" hertz in a ****** prefab ported box and it actually had excellent response for that kind of music and hit the notes hard too haha. Is it possible to have the accurate upper response while being able to hit the lows with authority too? Or is it always gonna be one or the other?

I know that a ported box can provide that type of response. Years ago I had a 12" hertz in a ****** prefab ported box and it actually had excellent response for that kind of music and hit the notes hard too haha. Is it possible to have the accurate upper response while being able to hit the lows with authority too? Or is it always gonna be one or the other?
Probably because prefabs are tuned so high

But shouldn't a lower tuned box still be able to give similar results if built properly?
You need to understand your vehicles accoustics then build a box accordingly to suit your goals. At the end of the day vehicle accoustics will play a much bigger role in your response than the brand name on the woofer. Most people don't like to talk about this, it's heavily discussed in DIY home theater circles but completely brushed over with car audio generally. The "room" is the dominant factor, even moreso in a car where the "room" is very ugly from an accoustic standpoint.

By the way, pics do not do these subs justice. If anyone is on the fence about them, run, don't walk. They will be about impossible to beat at the price point. Good job, Jacob for doing something somewhat new and innovative!

Question: I'm about to have PWK Designs build me a box for a new SA12D2 - My question is; - Will this new X Series sub sound good in that same enclosure in the same vehicle? Just swapping out sub for sub? Or will I want to have another custom enclosure designed & built for THIS sub once I get my hands on one? I just can't wait, I heard a SA12 & ever since I've been itching to get me some sundown. I can't see buying a z v.3, When this new X line & z v.4 look amazing!!! I'm just going to buy an SA12 to satisfy my need for now, then I plan on upgrading to the X Series... I'm hoping this sub will sound good in the enclosure I'm having built for the SA12, Any feedback / input greatly appreciated, TY in advance :)

We have dropped them into the same size boxes as the SA and Z v.3 series woofers -- they do work in those boxes, yes. You will get more bottom-end and more benefit by using a box a little larger. PWK can probably design you something forward looking for what these will require and the SA series can work in the box in the mean-time.

We have dropped them into the same size boxes as the SA and Z v.3 series woofers -- they do work in those boxes, yes. You will get more bottom-end and more benefit by using a box a little larger. PWK can probably design you something forward looking for what these will require and the SA series can work in the box in the mean-time.
KK Thank you for your input Jacob //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif - I took some screen shots of the specs & Dimension sketch you have posted here on pg 1 of this thread for the X-12 D2. I am going to forward the info over to Pete & Just tell him to optimize my enclosure for the X-12 sub, then I will just throw an SA-12 in there until I get my X //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I'm really looking forward to running Sundown Audio VERY SOON //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif Keep up the good work Jacob, Your new innovations are really looking impressive //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
With this new X series and Zv4s comin out, does that mean deals on some other woofers!? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif like sa series maybe!? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

sup folks... i have a grand marquis don't know the size of the trunk off hand but i could fit 3-4 bodies in it. Havent been involved in car audio for a number of years back when everything was jl audio and ppi. My buddy has 2 13.5 w7s and 2 1000/1 jl amps and to me they sound clean and much improved since i last purchased anything, then i get on this fourm and see all these other options to mention at a cheaper price point. So these new x series have my interest are they more for spl ?? 2 12s or 15s if i have the room ??? also difference between the x and the z4? i see they are pictured side by side. I have some research to be doing as far as alternator choices.. amp.. sound damping finding a box builder.. battery.. any suggestions would be appreciated i live in michigan

1992 grand marquis 22k miles old man car... system and wheels coming really soon.. the car is 20 years old and has the original tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

sundownz

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
sundownz
North Carolina
Start date
Participants