Sundown SD-2 8 - so how are they?

Participant count
  • Participant list
We haven't sold a ton to forum-goers just yet -- should see some reviews before too much longer, though, I'm sure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

We haven't sold a ton to forum-goers just yet -- should see some reviews before too much longer, though, I'm sure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
That's weird, I thought people would be all over that 8 inch sub since it's designed for a tiny sealed box (which means you can stuff a bunch of them in any vehicle). I could probably stuff 100 of them in a Tahoe and it'll still have space for batteries and amps.

That's weird, I thought people would be all over that 8 inch sub since it's designed for a tiny sealed box (which means you can stuff a bunch of them in any vehicle). I could probably stuff 100 of them in a Tahoe and it'll still have space for batteries and amps.
I had a bunch of folks asking for an 8" to run in small sealed ; but so far they haven't really taken off big time -- of course they aren't a crazy awesome looking driver like the new X or Z v.4 so will probably take a while to catch on. Although, the performance is fantastic with all of the distortion lowering features. The other sized SD-2 woofers did the same at first; but now they are a very good selling product.

I had a bunch of folks asking for an 8" to run in small sealed ; but so far they haven't really taken off big time -- of course they aren't a crazy awesome looking driver like the new X or Z v.4 so will probably take a while to catch on. Although, the performance is fantastic with all of the distortion lowering features. The other sized SD-2 woofers did the same at first; but now they are a very good selling product.
Will they still play low in sealed, not like 20hz low but low enough for rap music.. Lol And whats the recommended size for .707 ??

Will they still play low in sealed, not like 20hz low but low enough for rap music.. Lol And whats the recommended size for .707 ??

Oh I'm sure they get down low enough, checkout Sundown's own vid of it (and unfortunately the only good video of the SD-2 8 inchers on youtube)

When I see the SD-2 8 incher I think about Bob Carver's Sunfire home theater powered subs and how they can get incredibly loud and low (and accurate) in such a tiny box, I think their 8 inch model is only 9 inches cubed - that's smaller than my old dog's food bowl. They have two versions, ones with a passive radiator and ones in a sealed box, but they both get down.

I'm guessing the SD-2 8 should work well in a 4th-order box besides a sealed box design. It might not like passive radiators though, maybe the SA8v2 is a better choice for that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.