Sundown SAZ-2000d vs. AQ 2200d

undeadxsunshine
10+ year member

what it is
York, PA
So I've been doing some research on an amp I can use to run 2 DC lvl 3's, giving myself some head room. I was planning on a Sundown SAZ-2000d because they have a good rep, are solid amps, and have Jake has great customer service. Then I noticed that the AudioQue 2200d was a bit more inexpensive. It's $200 less than the sundown new, and is rated with a little big higher output. So tell me, will I be just as happy with the AQ for 200 less, or is the Sundown really worth it?

Both are great amps. If you cannot find a sundown less then that. I would pick the aq for sure.

If money was not an issue then it would be a very tough choice for me.

If the 200 dollars isnt that big of a factor get the sundown. Although pushing level 3's a sundown saz 1500d might be a good choice and it could save you some dollars if you wanted to go with them. The AQ amps are nice though for the price, since I have three of the 1200d's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if it was me id get the AQ and then spend the 200 saved on a extra battery or nice front battery.
Yeah this is what I'm thinking. Money is an issue, but I want some overhead with my amp. The AQ is probably what I'm gonna go with.

I LOVE MY AQ2200D, Im not hating on sundown cuz i love them too, but ive been pulling around 6k watts from my 2 audioque 2200d's strapped, they are only supposed to produce 4400. when i had only one hooked up i believe I was grabbing around 2950 watts from that one.

DJ also has excellent customer service, for the money AQ is the way to go, DJ is unbeatable in pricing.

After much searching, and research for my own system rebuild. I went with the AQ2200

I highly doubt you'lkl be disappointed, I saw one in action on 4 DD 1508s and he was was shaking his truck apart. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.