can somthing in amp cause distorted bass

Participant count
  • Participant list

30hrtz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
my system was sounding perfect for about 6 months,til I decided to help a friend troubleshoot his. We swapped out and mixed and matched subs and amps. His just wasnt hitting clean at all. I built the box to specs maw 15. 3 cubes tuned to 35hz. any ways, after we gave up, I put my amp and sub box back in, and now it sounds somewhat distorted. not out of phase sounding, but more like a punchy bass that makes stuff rattle, even at low volumes. No clean bass like i had. all is wired correctly, even tried a different sub, same result. Its like cancellation but at all volumes and frequencies. Its more like noise than bass. theres not good seperation on country or rock music. Only on the really low 35hz to about 30 it sounds ok but still not like it was. is there any kind of damage that could have happened to the rca signal or the speaker outputs to cause this it has to be an amp issue, for different brand subs to sound the same.i used to be able to hear clean bass on all music at low volume, now to hear this so called bass i hav to turn up 50% more, and then its more of noise and rattles than bass. had this happen years back and replaced hu and amp to fix issue. i want to know what it could be and who to talk to to find out. hope this makes sense to somebody. its a rockford amp and an aq sub. great combo. til i messed something up. i does get much louder with window down but doesnt really sound any better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.