Sundown SAZ-1500d Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Isaac
10+ year member

Iowa
I have had this amp for about 2 years and about a year ago it stopped working because a resistor inside came off. It took me forever to find the exact resistor needed and when i finally recently replaced the resistor, it still doesn't work. It just turns on, clicks, then goes into protect. I have kind of gotten out of the car audio game and i am wondering if it is worth it for me to send it to get fixed then sell it, or to just sell it as is. The board looks flawless and i just don't have enough knowledge to diagnose what the problem is.

I have had this amp for about 2 years and about a year ago it stopped working because a resistor inside came off. It took me forever to find the exact resistor needed and when i finally recently replaced the resistor, it still doesn't work. It just turns on, clicks, then goes into protect. I have kind of gotten out of the car audio game and i am wondering if it is worth it for me to send it to get fixed then sell it, or to just sell it as is. The board looks flawless and i just don't have enough knowledge to diagnose what the problem is.
really i shouldnt be a tough sell honestly. i would put it up for sale as is, just make sure you list any and everything wrong with it. Price it and see if there is any interest in it, then if none fix it and do. i mean if someone will buy and send it off themselves then i dont see a problem doing it that way, that would be less you have to do lol

really i shouldnt be a tough sell honestly. i would put it up for sale as is, just make sure you list any and everything wrong with it. Price it and see if there is any interest in it, then if none fix it and do. i mean if someone will buy and send it off themselves then i dont see a problem doing it that way, that would be less you have to do lol
Alright, do you have any idea what i should price it at?

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

its a v.2 also

Alright, do you have any idea what i should price it at? 

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

its a v.2 also
price im not sure about i would just look through the classifieds here and check what previous used in working condition goes for then just go from there

Check with db-r, he sells a lot of repaired sundowns. Or find out how much it would be to fix it. I have the v3 of that amp, it's hands down the best amp I have ever had. You could also list the repair price estimate in your for sale thread. There are also some guys on here that look to by broken amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.