sundown saz 1500

atlninja82
10+ year member

i like to fish
atlanta
i just hooked it up and im running it at 2 ohms. my subs are 400 rms a piece and i have 2 subs. and the amp is 800 rms at a 2 ohm load. i had a modded sony gtr 900 and it was 900 rms. the sundown did get loud when i cranked the gains. only when i cranked the bass boost all the way up was it as loud as the sony. i will say i could tell a difference in sound qaulity though. but my main question is, is it ok if i have the bass boost up? will it the amp be ok as long as i dont have low voltage drops?

thanks,

-eric

ok to clear this up. my headunit settings are:

bass- 0(flat)

subwoofer-15(max)

its an alpine btw

amp settings are:

gain- max

lpf-max(turned it all the way up because it was louder)

subsonic filter-doesnt matter its a sealed box.

bass boost- max

my subs are wired with the Voice coils wired in series, speakers wired in parallel. which gives me a 2 ohm load.

and even with my gain all the way up and bass boost down its not very loud.

yes i have. they are at 2 ohms for sure. and im really confused on the gain setting. i read like 8 tutorials.i thought all you did was turn it up to where your speakers arent distorting and then turn the gain up with it. everyone is making it sound so complicated.

How high do you have your HU turned up while settin your gains? Turn it up to about 3/4 volume and then set your gains, maybe that'll help be sending a higher output voltage to the amp.

Do you have the "wired remote control" plugged in? Did you buy this amp new or is this a refurb from us here at dB-r? If you "do" have the remote plugged in, unplug it and try again, you may have gotten the wrong remote control with your amp. If you look at the remote from the top, it is supposed to have a blue pot inside, if it is green, it is the wrong remote, and can cause symptoms like what you are talking about, if the amp came from dB-r, the green remote is "okay" because we mod the remote to work properly.

If you don't have the remote plugged in, then it's possible your Sony amp had more power at 2 ohms. SAZ-1500D = 1 ohm amp. It is designed to run most efficiently and deliver full power output at 1 ohm. And if your sub is in a sealed box, your amp is likely never seeing close to 2 ohms period, probably 4 ohms at the lowest. Download WinISD, put in the parameters for your subwoofer and box and look at the "Impedance" plot, you will see what I mean....

I've got a 9886 and a Sundown SAE-1000D... I set my gains to 30/35, so that anything after 30 will start to distort a little.

That being said, My gain is under 1/2 and it POUNDS the crap out of my old L5 (also wired to 2ohms at the amp)... No bass boost at all.

Maybe its a faulty HU and the bass output is blown?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.