Sundown SAZ-1200D overheating

chizzle
10+ year member

So I got my new amp and 2x JL 12W6v2's professionally installed today and the amp overheats after 25-30 minutes of play. They changed out the 4 gauge wiring to 1/0, turned the bass boost to 0, and its set the rms to around 900 watts. The amp is mounted behind the rear seats inside the trunk. I have tried folding the seat down and running the AC at full blast and the amp still goes into protect mode. It's honestly not even that hot, I can keep my hand on it for over 10 seconds. Any ideas on what's wrong? One of my friends said I might need a capacitor.

So I got my new amp and 2x JL 12W6v2's professionally installed today and the amp overheats after 25-30 minutes of play. They changed out the 4 gauge wiring to 1/0, turned the bass boost to 0, and its set the rms to around 900 watts. The amp is mounted behind the rear seats inside the trunk. I have tried folding the seat down and running the AC at full blast and the amp still goes into protect mode. It's honestly not even that hot, I can keep my hand on it for over 10 seconds. Any ideas on what's wrong? One of my friends said I might need a capacitor.
Found the problem

Found the problem
Found the second problem. Find smarter friends.

I'd bet your ground isn't sanded down enough or not completely on it. Had that problem thinking I'd pay $20 to have someone "professionally" do it.. Wound up paying 100 fix the amp..

where do u have it installed.......

and do not waste your money on a capacitor......invest in more 0 gauge to do the big 3
The amp is installed behind the rear passenger seat. The vehicle is a 2011 Toyota Camry. I'm going to take the car back to the install shop on monday. What should I tell them to take a look at? I took a look at a thread disscussing the big 3, is it basically just swaping out wiring for those 3 areas?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.