Sundown SA-12 Klippel Test

sundownz
Pro Seller

Supporting Vendor
North Carolina
Finally got it done -- something I've wanted to do for quite some time now.

SA-12_D2_SR.jpg

Our published X-Max is dead on by both BL and CMS definitions -- we publish 19mm one-way travel.

Inductive performance is above average as well.

Our published T/S specs are also very well close to the Klippel data -- the one we sent in was just a tad less broken in than the unit published on our site so the Klippel FS was a few Hz higher but as you can tell if you know about the effects of break-in it will settle right in to exactly what we say //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Those that don't look at Klippel often may note the BL curve is slightly to one side -- this is not unusual in production tolerance. The shift represents the coil 2mm too far forward. This is within an acceptable production tolerance and as you can see does not interfere with the 19mm of published linear x-max.

The CMS curve is also a tad tilted -- this is because a normal surround is almost always biased in stiffness one direction. Again, very normal behavior but worth mentioning.

Little bit of tech talk along with published Klippel data for you guys. Hope you enjoy.

Moral of the story... not just a loud sub; has respectable distortion characteristics as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Pretty excited to have a Klippel on it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I'll be using Klippel data more in the future during product development and improvement -- pretty handy!

The BL asymmetry is usually not coil offset, but rather B asymmetry above vs below gap. Its quite common in just about all overhung motors i have dealt with unless you undercut the t-yoke and have a very wide ID on the magnet. You can see the BL is higher when the coil is in the gap which is often the case in overhung motors where flux lines jump the magnet to the poll and you get a larger fringe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.