Sundown or Crecscendo 3500's

vypr
10+ year member

Hi,

I need help making a decision on an amp. I can get a new crecscendo bc3500 for 679 or I can get a refurbed b stock sundown saz-3500d from db-rfor 688 plus shipping. I need help making a choice. I know both are great amps and do more than rated. Decisions decisions.

both are good ampsI ran the bc3500 for almost a year

Also had the sundown 3k which was a great amp, and the 3500 is an improvement over it
Thanks for your reply

Do you think there will be an audible difference between the two given the same subs and configuration? I dont think there will be but its always good to have a second opinion.

Both are great companies I've heard from a guy that Crescendo's tend to over heat (but I personally don't hear it, and its common if you go below 1ohm the amp gets warm/hot) Sundown is also a very well established group and I have yet to hear problems from the 3500 series. Comes down to personal preference.

Both are great amps. I would definitely trust a repair by db-r. If db-r is going to give you some kinda warranty, that's even better. Compare it to the Crescendo warranty. Also, @Drummer65 has a good amp as well. They're all very reliable and great. Depends on personal preference.

Got the cash get the sundown if not so much money get the nendo.. Id take a new nendo with warranty over a used sundown that might pop the sec u turn it on. Not that sundown's are known for any issues but gotta member its used and you dont really know how.....

Nothing against u Drummer.

I bought me a refurbed Sundown 3500D.1, A stock from db-r four months ago. It comes with 1 year warranty, and it's transferable. It has been slamming my 2 FI SP4 15's, and so far so freaking good.

Got the cash get the sundown if not so much money get the nendo.. Id take a new nendo with warranty over a used sundown that might pop the sec u turn it on. Not that sundown's are known for any issues but gotta member its used and you dont really know how.....
Nothing against u Drummer.
Obviously sundown has some issues or db-r wouldn't have bstock amps all the time

I like the looks of the new nendos, so that would be my choice. Just installed to BC5500's a few days ago, **** amps. You won't hear a diff between either one as the power rating is way too close...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.