Sundown neo pro 8s/6.5s

WhatsAminiTruck

Senior VIP Member
Alright, I'm eventually going to have two sundown neopro 8s or 6.5s in my doors along with two SA-12s in the back.

But for the next step, I can only afford to get one pair of neopros. I'm wanting to have one 8, and one 6.5 next to each other in each door. Would that cause any problems? Or would it be beneficial in any way? as in like... idk, higher "range" of sound or something? Or should I just go with two 8s

Also, how much bass am I going to get out of these things? I'm just curious as I'm impatient for my subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Just wanted to say i have an 8 per door and they sound amazing and they do get low and the sq is brilliant haha. love listening to them everyday!
Lol just curious how do they have sq? Love my sundown of course but they are a pa loudspeaker they really arent meant to have much sq

Well, it depends on your opinion of SQ... I like the pro drivers because they can get so loud without becoming distorted, and sht00f.

That's all the quality I need! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well, it depends on your opinion of SQ... I like the pro drivers because they can get so loud without becoming distorted, and sht00f. That's all the quality I need! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
and you say 15 inch woofers have less SQ than 12s....

Do a single 8 or 2 6.5's per door, either will easily keep up with your substage. As for SQ they are one of my least favorite PA mids out there...

Like any speaker in a car door, they need to be in doors that are dead and they need processing in order to get the best out of them. I have 8s in my doors and will be adding two more, although I'll probably go with CT Sounds' PA 8s once they ship.

The Neo Pros, like other sundown drivers, handle more power than they're rated for, get loud and have excellent sound quality in properly deadened doors with processing.

Although it's not as critical in door speakers as subs, I wouldn't recommend different sizes in the same air space.

As for bass, they are mid bass drivers, not woofers and not subwoofers. You might be able to squeeze some bass out of them at 60Hz and low volumes but I wouldn't push them any lower on any reasonable amount of power.

Like any speaker in a car door, they need to be in doors that are dead and they need processing in order to get the best out of them. I have 8s in my doors and will be adding two more, although I'll probably go with CT Sounds' PA 8s once they ship.
The Neo Pros, like other sundown drivers, handle more power than they're rated for, get loud and have excellent sound quality in properly deadened doors with processing.

Although it's not as critical in door speakers as subs, I wouldn't recommend different sizes in the same air space.

As for bass, they are mid bass drivers, not woofers and not subwoofers. You might be able to squeeze some bass out of them at 60Hz and low volumes but I wouldn't push them any lower on any reasonable amount of power.

I know they're not subs, but I've heard 'no bass' mids in cars that have the bass coming from the back, and it just sounds weird. It's like a horn like sound from the front, and all the bass coming from the back... I want to know if the PA mids will like, even it out a bit?

I know they're not subs, but I've heard 'no bass' mids in cars that have the bass coming from the back, and it just sounds weird. It's like a horn like sound from the front, and all the bass coming from the back... I want to know if the PA mids will like, even it out a bit?
The 8s do very well with mid bass so long as you give them some power and a dead door. And the 6.5s will do near as well I would imagine.

I run seleniums and have good luck with them with minimal EQ work. Sundowns seem to break up/distort on the higher midrange freqs, at least in the 3 set ups I've heard.

I run PA in my daily, wife's mini van, and my demo set up. All 3 sound quite good IMO...

I run seleniums and have good luck with them with minimal EQ work. Sundowns seem to break up/distort on the higher midrange freqs, at least in the 3 set ups I've heard.
I run PA in my daily, wife's mini van, and my demo set up. All 3 sound quite good IMO...
It's because of their fairly low efficiency. For a "pro audio" driver, they really aren't that efficient so they are going to run into issues faster in the midrange when you really begin to dump some power onto them, as opposed to a speaker 3-5db more efficient. I believe it was because Jacob was trying to get a bit more 60-80hz performance out of them as opposed to the very low q pro audio drivers, which general have problems below 100hz (although they destroy anything else above that point IME)

It's because of their fairly low efficiency. For a "pro audio" driver, they really aren't that efficient so they are going to run into issues faster in the midrange when you really begin to dump some power onto them, as opposed to a speaker 3-5db more efficient. I believe it was because Jacob was trying to get a bit more 60-80hz performance out of them as opposed to the very low q pro audio drivers, which general have problems below 100hz (although they destroy anything else above that point IME)
Yep, same with PRV's and PWX's, they also don't get very loud without breaking up, but have a little more low end output. I've messed with most of the PA stuff out there...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.