sundown/DC vs 2012 type r

bmk6795
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So i'm getting ready to build a new system going for more spl than anything. Looking at 10s out 12s not rally sure yet, but will writhe be DC lvl 3s.or sundown sas,, just wondering how the 2012 alpines stack up against these. Thanks for the help.

read a post yesterday where a guy said he bought the new type r and ended up switching out with a SA and was happy with the switch, think he said the type r had "dirty" bass, im assuming it was distorted.. while your doing research, check out the SSA Gcon. thats what im about to pick-up over another SA for my daily driver.. also, lot of guys on here talking about the American Bass xfl's.

Let's keep in mind he's looking for and SPL set-up here guys. The SSA Gcon are more SQ oriented. the Skar are more lows oriented. The SA's and DC's are probably right on par for SPL. Certainly more so than the Type aRgh. The AB XFL would probably be a good fit as well.

The sa is one of the more durable subs out there. Id go that route for sure!

Not been seing very many type r, prolly a reason for that. Also ppl say the sa series is super ez to recone. Especially for a first timer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.