Sundown Cayman Demo build

we haven't tweeked it yet, and did 141 on music sealed this evening. I need to tune the port, as it is a little low peaking at 35, and the car is peaking at 42, so there will be improvement in the SPL # hopefully (not that it was built for strictly spl, rather as a demo ride that gets loud daily)

more pics than this? You have got to be joking, it took for ever to get these loaded!
Haha I posted before everything was uploaded.

Get to work on those numbers mang...141 isn't a bad score, but it's not that impressive for most bassheads. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif The driver will get tired of it and want more soon I am sure.....

Haha I posted before everything was uploaded.
Get to work on those numbers mang...141 isn't a bad score, but it's not that impressive for most bassheads. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif The driver will get tired of it and want more soon I am sure.....
Oh, dont worry, 6 10's are in the works

Very nice. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have a question. How did you sand the resin so smooth? Last time I tried sanding a box that I resined, I ending up sanding the coat of resin off the MDF, and had to reapply resin...wondering what the best way to go about doing this is.

That looks awesome.

On a side note, how do you figure the volume of a box like that to figure out port length. I thought maybe fill it with water, but not sure.

That looks awesome.
On a side note, how do you figure the volume of a box like that to figure out port length. I thought maybe fill it with water, but not sure.
packing peanuts, those play balls for kids...

Very nice. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I have a question. How did you sand the resin so smooth? Last time I tried sanding a box that I resined, I ending up sanding the coat of resin off the MDF, and had to reapply resin...wondering what the best way to go about doing this is.
answer my question too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
OK, I'm not 100% sure of what you are asking exactly. but if it is about the fiberglass, when I glass over wood, I make sure the cloth is saturated to it bonds to the substraight. Then I use a flap disk and scuff the surface of the resin to take off any high spots, and promote good adheasion. I then move to body filler. Applying only enough at a time that I can lay it in, before it starts to cure, and then I can rasp it into rough shape while it is still slightly plyable. I then let it harden almost 100% and then sand with 36 to take out the rasp marks, apply another coat of bondo, but pull it tighter filling in low spots, then repeat the rasping and sanding, but upon doing the 36 then I move to 80, then ... I rarely get into the resin heavely.

I hope that helps

I just started playing with some 4th order BP designs for this also. I may fab one up this weekend and see how it works out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.