Sundown Audio Neo Pro's 8"

Participant count
  • Participants list

Souleraser
10+ year member

I am looking for a good pair of 8" midbass speakers. I came across many models but the ones that interested me the most were the SA Neo Pro's. I am planning to buy these, but would like to know what you guys think of this set. Has anyone tried them? What is your take on them? Is there a better option? Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks for your help!

Im going to use them for daily music, this will be my first attempt at a three way active.
Depending on how much power you intend to use, you may benefit from a driver with a bit softer suspension if bass is the first concern and you're going for daily musical enjoyment. Those PA style drivers are great for holding up under high power abuse but the stiff suspension can tend to make them sound a little light or punchy instead of warm and bassy. Not all of them, though, and I haven't heard the Sundown. They look nice, though.
If you're interested, I'm selling this pair of 8's with dual voice coils. Underhung and efficient, with lots of excursion and a low Fs. --> https://www.ebay.com/itm/273158055146?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Depending on how much power you intend to use, you may benefit from a driver with a bit softer suspension if bass is the first concern and you're going for daily musical enjoyment. Those PA style drivers are great for holding up under high power abuse but the stiff suspension can tend to make them sound a little light or punchy instead of warm and bassy. Not all of them, though, and I haven't heard the Sundown. They look nice, though.
If you're interested, I'm selling this pair of 8's with dual voice coils. Underhung and efficient, with lots of excursion and a low Fs. --> https://www.ebay.com/itm/273158055146?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
I have 150~ watts rms per channel @ 1.5 - 4 ohms on a JL Audio 600/4 HD. I really want to try the Neo Pros even though I will be underpowering them by 50 watts. Those Tang Bangs look nice, though. I thank you for the offer

I have 150~ watts rms per channel @ 1.5 - 4 ohms on a JL Audio 600/4 HD. I really want to try the Neo Pros even though I will be underpowering them by 50 watts. Those Tang Bangs look nice, though. I thank you for the offer����
No worries, that JL and Sundown will be a good combination. That's plenty of power to allow for EQing to your tastes.

NdQvmJa.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Souleraser

10+ year member
Souleraser
Los Angeles, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from