SOLD Sundown Audio E8 8" woofers

woofercooker
10+ year member

A Gentleman and a Scholar
I have a whole bunch of these for sale. All have fresh recones. Brand new condition. $60 each + shipping costs. I will get some pictures and specs up later tonight after work.

E81.jpg

E82.jpg

Pic of the reconed driver

e8recone-1.jpg

honestly when Jacob tested these he was very critical of any slight lead slap. I bought up the lot of these with the newer upgraded recone kits to resell and would feel comfortable putting some of the failed subs in my truck for everyday use.

Wow. That is an extremely high QC failure rate...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif
Yep, we had an issue with lead slap - so we went to tied down leads on the re-cones and future runs (like the one coming next week). Each one was tested before shipping and ANY lead slap put it in the QC failed pile - glad to have the tied down leads now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well, I certainly admire your attention to detail Jake, considering something like that could be remediated by methods that wouldn't cost you such a high cost/number of units being thrown to the B-class pile.

Personally, I think it would be overkill to recone a perfectly good driver as Woofercooker has being doing just to fix a trivial problem like tinsel slap. But I digress...

EDIT: WooferCooker - if you want a couple of suggestions thrown your way so you don't have to go through a complete recone, shoot me a PM...

Indeed - may have been able to fix them otherwise but we just decided to bring in all new parts for them and work with Mike on this deal. Worked out for the best for customers I think //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

To expand a bit the ones with no slap would not slap, period - those are the ones we sold. The ones with slap slapped terribly - bending the tabs up / down and forward / backward wouldn't stop it. The issue seemed to be the exit point on the cone body - if they were too low they slapped the inner spider roll.

I am not only reconing these to fix tinsil slap. The newer surround looks better and the tied down leads allow for oferall better performance. The new woofers look meaner and will not run into the lead slap issue at any point in their lifetimes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.