Sundown 50.4 Alpine F450, or JL e4300

Participant count
  • Participant list

xguntherc
10+ year member

I Click Home Too Much
Las Vegas
Basically I need a 4 channel amp to run the 4 alpine type S in my doors that can handle up to 80w RMS each but I've heard anything over about 55 has distortion. But not sure on that fact. I plan together a 50-80w rms x 4 amp like hose in my title.

Sundown 50.4 no label from CA member used. Or new from sundown authorized dealer for $188

or Alpine MRP-F450 or even the F300 if I really only need 50w each

or a JL, Cadence, or even A Hifonics

what does everyone recommend. Would the slightly used sundown 50.4 be a better choice and more solid amp than a few of the other recommendations?? Input from the pros would be nice

Thanks!

had the e4300 running those components, got loud but i felt like the amp was being pushed a little, the only amp i've ever had that got so hot. I'm not saying JL *****, just that amp heats up alright. Never failed though even when it was hot enough to where i couldn't hold it lol, playing it loud for too long.

i got the memphis audio 16 mca2004 from someone here.

I also have the chance to pick up a very lightly used JL 300/4 black right now for $170 locally. good deal?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.