sundown 3k fried?..pics***

can get a 1500D from AP for 130 bucks new but its not going to compare to a SAZ, nor are they going to ship me a new one when I blow it up thumping my Pyle sooper 15"s at 8ohms with the gains on full
Actually they will. Ive returned blown up stuff from both pyle and audiopipe, and they ship me a brand new unit every time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Oh no say it ain't so, another SD amp dead, the way some people talk and brag, you would think those amps are bullet proof. Send it back to Jacob, he'll give you a new one
Your right 9/10 it is user error, but let's not be bias just to one brand. Every amp breaks i know this. so you too can kiss my ???
SURE, that may be true, but I am willing to bet there are more blown Power Acustiks, Koles, Profile, Legacy etc. Hell, I am even willing to bet there are more blown American bass and US amps blown amps out there.

dont matter what make it wount last forever. take a look at home electronics they arent ment to last more than 10yrs and they sit in climate controled enviroment. car audio is in a trunk that reaches 130F to -20, alot of vibration and moisture...

I LOLed at the way this thread turned. Funny how people hate on popular stuff. It really is inevitable. And BTW for all the AQ vs Sundown crap. I will say this, they are both great amps, BUT YES, the AQ's are cheaper, but they DO Break too. Audioque does most of the repairs themselves from what I understand, so it's on the DL, and they don't sell no where NEAR as many amps as Sundown does, so it's not really fair to say the things people said on this thread. If you really want to know, I'll tell you, we fix about 1 AQ amp per week at my shop, and we are in no way shape or form endorsed or referred by AQ to do repairs, so figure in the statistics on that one, we are NOT the authorized repair shop and we still get 1 a week to repair...

Most all of the amps we work on are vibration damaged, it happens to all amps, Korea, China, Brazil, old/new you name it we have seen it broken from vibration. I would say 90% of ALL amps we work on the damage is vibration related. Maybe think of it this way, the Sundown amps make so much vibration they destroy themselves... LOL... They also break people's cars everyday. I am sure AQ amps do too. They are all good. Just STFU and pick one. No need to get on here and fight about it. Just plain stupid, like someone said, some people on the forums just looking to piss people off... losers.

SURE, that may be true, but I am willing to bet there are more blown ... Profile.... Hell, I am even willing to bet there are more blown American bass and US amps blown amps out there.
I dont know... I've dropped a profile from about 4 feet onto asphalt and accidentally shorted the 12v to ground and this thing still worked perfectly. They really aren't that terrible except they are peak rated. Thats why i went with profile for my highs amps considering they were going to be basically sealed off in the spare tire area and take a lot of abuse.

i have found some amps have WAY better protection than others. i have seen speaker wires touching will throw some amps into protect when others smoke.

They come from the same build house typically. Sundown uses better components on their boards also. They both have very low failure rates, I don't know why you think AQ's don't break, dB-r is the authorized repair shop for Sundown and other amplifier manufactures, because Chris is really good at what he does. If you knew how many Sundowns were sold, how many were sent in for repair, and how many that were not from dumb asses doing things that shouldn-t be done to amplifiers, and then take the same information from AQ, you would have an argument. but you don't. You simply see guys posting here, and naturally because Sundown is a very reliable product that is of good value, and supported by the company better than any other brand out there, the guys on this forum tend to lean towards supporting enterprises like Sundown, because of these facts. the membership is also very vocal about what they like. So inturn with the amount of communication in reference to Sundown, you would certainly hear more about them than other brands. We don't hear about JBL amps going down, because they are not discussed here very often. does that make them a better amp than Sundown or AQ? I don't think so. AQ is a very sturdy amplifier, and subwoofer for that matter. if you speak to those who understand the internals of amplifiers better than you do you will understand that there is a difference. And Sundown has a nice black finish also. But you are right, that pretty clipping light is missing from the remote that nobody actually uses.
I concur

dont matter what make it wount last forever. take a look at home electronics they arent ment to last more than 10yrs and they sit in climate controled enviroment. car audio is in a trunk that reaches 130F to -20, alot of vibration and moisture...
Great point!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.