Suggestions for single cab truck

awmtennis04
10+ year member

Does anyone have any suggestions for a 2002 Chevrolet Silverado, it's a single cab. I don't want a box that will take up so much room that I cannot move my seats back. I don't have a center console (just a seat), and I don't want to lose that either.

I need some advice for a setup that will allow me to keep most of that room. I'm not looking for something that beats really hard, just the best value for my money and sounds pretty good. I already have a JVC headunit and I have replaced my factory speakers with Polk Audio.

4 RE8's would be pretty d*mn nice. Even if they are sealed. You can also check out my gallery(below my avatar) and see the box i made for my truck(lost some room, s-10), and also the smaller box i made for my buddies s-10. If you built a box just like his you wouldn't lose any legroom because the cab is much bigger than an s-10's. But, 4 RE8s would be louder than a single SE though(most likely).

Single Cab Question? I have a dodge ram 1500 i have a 13w7 in my center console. I was thinking i might want to put my middle seat and console back and go with what you guys suggest and thats 4 8 re's. Now the question is will it be louder than my 13w7? It will be running off a jl 1000/1. So about 1250 rms.

Single Cab Question? I have a dodge ram 1500 i have a 13w7 in my center console. I was thinking i might want to put my middle seat and console back and go with what you guys suggest and thats 4 8 re's. Now the question is will it be louder than my 13w7? It will be running off a jl 1000/1. So about 1250 rms.
Hmm, i somehow doubt it would be louder.

cut through //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif no worries about moving ur seats

I didn't even know I was getting posts to this -- I thought it would email me!

Anyway, what do you mean by "cut through"?

Also, what would be a good amp to run these?

I didn't even know I was getting posts to this -- I thought it would email me!
Anyway, what do you mean by "cut through"?

Also, what would be a good amp to run these?
A cut through is pretty extreme...you basically chop out the rear of the cab beneath the window, the end of the bed, and attach them together with a rubber "accordian" boot. People do this so they can stick subs and amps in the bed of their truck and not loose any interior space. To do a practical cut through it'll cost you something like $200-$300 for parts and labor and an additional $700 for a hard tonnaeu if you don't want your stuff stolen.

It would be more pratical to go with the 4 re8's people have already suggested, 2 10's, or 1 12"...it matters how much space you are willing to lose inside of your cab to get the sound quality and pressure you want. A good way to decide how many subs or what type of subs you want in your truck would be to determine how much space you have to fit for a box. Take into consideration you'll be using 3/4" MDF, you'll need room for the amp(s) if they are too big to fit under your seat, and how far back you want your seat to move...then determine the amount of cubic airspace that will be available to your subs and start matching up with what works best.

As far as amps go I'm pretty biased about using Memphis audio so it might be nice for other people to give suggestions also. The difficult part is matching ohms on the amp and the subs you'll be using...I honestly don't know what single amp you could use to push 4 4ohm DVC (dual voice coil) subs...others probably will though...if you went for 10's or 12's than the 16-MC1000D amp would probably do the job for you...it pushes out 1100watts @ 1ohm is compact...

Can anyone give me a URL to a website that sells these?
Resonant Engineering's website (for the RE8's) go to: http://www.reaudio.com

they don't show any pictures of the RE8's, but they give all the specifications...you'll need to call or email Resonant Engineering to buy their equipment...they don't do internet sales. Accordian boots can be done either by yourself if you are comfortable in hacking up your car or by someone at an autoshop.

- Lost Cause

Thanks for the great information!! A cut through just wouldn't be possible for me. Too much money, and I don't want to lose any space in my truck bed.

What all retail stores that you know of carry RE8's? I can't seem to find any retail store locators on their website.

Alan

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.