suggestions for port tuning

Sepheran
10+ year member

im building a new box to save trunk space.

ive got a 15 and 2 12.

im thinking the 15 would be good at abot 25 to 30 hz for tuning in a 3 cuft box.

and the 12 around 35 to 40 hz each in a 2 cuft box a apiece. tell me what ya guys think any help or input would be helpful

NO! NO! NO! 3 cubes is not enough to tune that low with a 15....if you are goin to run the 15 in a 3 cube box...tune to 45....if you can get 4.5 out of the trunk then 35 is possible

ok im already running this system at this moment and it sounds great i just want to build one box with 3 separate compartments one for each sub all ported

right now i have my 15 in a 3 cuft box tuned to 18 hz and my 12,s are in a sealed double box

it takes up my hole trunk so i want to reduce the amount of space thats being wasted by the double box

was a bit of a pain the get the crossover set right for all 3 subs

ok when did i ever say that i was only useing one amp

for your information i have 2 amps at the moment one for the 15 and one for the pair of 12's

don't assume things when you don't know the full story

ooh my bad...you big balling with 3 subs in the trunk of different sizes and tuning.....GANGSTA!!!!

don't ya'll know its cool to have 1 15 and 2 12's in your trunk....

pick one or the other...not both

why when i listen to all types of music i kinda like being able to throw in some rock and actually have bass no warble get a Fn life you nerd

i can see that you are the type of person i hate the stuck up a** hole that thinks he knows everything and cant give good advice to help his life

and dont start with this GANSTA bs i am in no way a gansta and dont want to be a gansta god d**N i try to get so help and i get an A**hole great

yea i'm a nerd for knowing about audio....then what are you doing on this forum....ITS AN AUDIO FORUM....surprised no one has flamed you yet for that monstrosity you call a system

yeah what ever guess none of you ever think outside the box this is the worst forum ever no help what so ever guess you just dont have the knowage to design something that breaks the mold

breaks the mold....im already breaking the mold with what i'm doing with my car....so try again....your just a noob and dont know jack about how sound waves work...go back to the flea market/swap shop and pick up some more garbage boxes....

lmao @ "uber lows from the 15 and decent highs from the 12's"

they are subs....they play below 150 hz....not HIGH's unless you have 12" tweeters....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.