10+ year member

Skeet Skeet Skeet
Loveland, CO
Current setup -

Memphis Big Belle amplifier

Kenwood DDX7017

ID HLCD Horns

AudioControl DQXS

Sundown e8 (x2) in a transmission line box (soon to be sa-8's)

Looking for something that will keep up with the horns, but offer superb quality at high volumes. Seeking incredible midbass as well. I will be using a 8"-10" driver in my door, fiberglassed obviously, using the door as the enclosure. The doors are sealed except for the rubber flap on top where the window meets as well as the vents on the bottom side of the door to let water out.

I was thinking something along these lines -

Parts-Express.com:Morel CAW 938 9" Cast Frame Woofer | caw938 mw-265 mw-266 mw265 mw 265 6 inch woofer mid woofer midbass 6" woofer poly cone shielded woofer

But open to all suggestions!

No driver linked in this thread will deliver "amazing midbass" or even being to keep up with a set of horns. Even if we give the horns 1 watt of power those 10's aren't going to keep up going full bore.... You need a high effeciency mid. Look at your effeciency spec and shoot for 94db/1w/1m at least. Xmax isn't a big deal since 10's have alot more cone area than a 6.5 or an 8. Just 4mm will get you down to 80hz with a steep slope.

Anyway if your budget is around the morel of 140ish per speaker

B&C 10NDL64

or Faitel Pro 10PR300

The B&C is probably a little nicer, it also cost a bit more. Both are neo which will keep the back end size down, which help since your trying to cram a pro audio 10 into a door....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.