Polk SR6500 or Boston SPZ60

SQBubble
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MTL
Well, I need some new speakers, want them loud, crisp, powerful and healthy sound, I have 200x2rms to work with, I'm hesitating between these two, but more suggestions are welcome, I need a component set that can be made as "coaxial", I don't feel like finding a place to put tweeter and all ...

thx

memphis mclass are convertable too... they took 150 watts for years when i had em but the tweets blew when i put over 200 to them... tweeter protection did nothing =(

Boston Pro60s are pretty sweet... I have a set FS that is 2 months old for $260 shipped if you are interested. They are flawless. I ran ~225w/channel to my mids and ~80w/channel to my tweeters and they ate it up. And they offer the option of mounint the tweeter on the woofer, coaxial style. The Zs are quite a bit more pricey if you are just looking for something that can take 200w/side... The Pros can do it for sure and then some, and sound incredible.

I have the Z's and they sound amazing, they only need 150 RMS, so 200 would be great! im not sure if the amp you have is clean power or not though, i have them hooked up to the GT 24 and they love it, never ever hear distortion from them since the cross overs have little light in them that takes the extra power canceling out any distortion, they are powerful and clean. I wouldn't have anything else in the car.

// pro 60's need 125 RMS FYI.

Interesting, nobody mentionned anything about the sr6500, the hypnotic zen does look pretty neat, but I can't find any price on them, anyone know how much they run for?

I would definitely audition the SR6500's before you buy. I listened to them about a month ago, and I was really impressed with them (with only 70 watts per).

I own a set of SR6500, however sadly I can't comment on them as I haven't installed them yet. The build quality seems great and I have only seen good reviews of them. They come with a couple of mounting cups for the tweeters either when going coax or as separates. Also the tweeters are supposed to be the best of the best when it comes to tweeters. Again just remember though this is all what I have read and not any of my personal experience. Oh and beware of the crossovers, they are massive, so if you need to tuck them away somewhere you may need to be careful. I believe they are about 6"x4"x2" (length x width x height)

Good luck on your hunt. Maybe check out some of the CDT lines, I think they can be made into coax speakers, I think they call them braxials or something.

I have SR6500's. They sound great. The tweeters are very clear but not harsh. I'm powering them with an alpine pdx-4.100 biamped through the crossovers. Off axis response is also great. I have a rockford fosgate 3sixty.2 audio processor, but i am only using it for time alignment as I think this is the only correction these components need(at least to my ears). I will be adding an sr124svc 12" sub soon, so the 3sixty.2 will be used to crossover the subwoofer.

I have SR6500's. They sound great. The tweeters are very clear but not harsh. I'm powering them with an alpine pdx-4.100 biamped through the crossovers. Off axis response is also great. I have a rockford fosgate 3sixty.2 audio processor, but i am only using it for time alignment as I think this is the only correction these components need(at least to my ears). I will be adding an sr124svc 12" sub soon, so the 3sixty.2 will be used to crossover the subwoofer.
That is definitely nice to hear, I will have to work a bit harder on actually getting them into my truck, just been lazy lately, and using snow as an excuse lol. I could use a bit more processing, will make me feel better about mounting the tweeters nearly wherever in my truck, its the main thing holding me back is figuring out where to mount the tweeters.

Yep. I've got a pair of sr6500s. Once you get them broken in, they really shine! The tweeters are unbelievable. Everything sounds so realistic. Sometimes I think I hear something outside of the music and turn my HU down only to realize it was part of the music that sounded real enough to trick me into thinking it wasn't from the speakers.