Suggestions for 2003 Silverado 2500HD system upgrade?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, regular cab, plain jane truck. I've had the truck since I purchased it brand new in 03'. Recently, I've been getting very bothered by the sound quality of the stock speakers as I am now hearing that dreaded *flap* noise whenever bass gets heavy.

I have changed nothing at all audio wise. Everything is stock, even the in dash FM/AM radio. I want to replace all 4 of my speakers and get a new radio unit so I may play CD's and have an AUX input. I don't really need anything very special, just something to suit my needs.

I have never did any thing car audio wise and I am a complete newby when it comes to it. I just want something that is easy to install and sounds okay with a decent bass. I don't have a very large budget (maybe about $60-80 for speakers) and a cheap radio that will get the job done. Will I be able to get away with not getting a new amp? As that would be ideal.

One last thing. As I am new to car audio are there any good educational videos I can watch to sort of learn the basics?

Thanks everyone!

Your gonna need a bigger budget speakers will be at least $100 deck also $100. But you need the integration harness and dash kit. ThT will also be $100+ and deadener for the doors. $50

you can get 4 speakers and a radio with aux and usb for about 350. it all depends on what you want to get out of it. you do not have to have the deadener right away but it is a good thing to do as the doors are already apart. you do not have to buy the expensive integration harness. only thing you loose is the door chime.(most do not care to loose it to save 50-80). kit, harness, ant adapter will cost about $20 or can go the expensive route and spend about $100+ for them. the radio and speakers you will get for the money are not the best but will for sure be way better than factory. there are deals on speakers and radios all the time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.