Such an idiot

Just_Learning

Texas
Hey guys just joined the forums to get some knowledge. I have a pioneer single din HU and 2 12" kickers. This was a budget build as I don't have much money and just graduated.

So I have helped a buddy install an amp in his car before with no problems. Decided to do my own and when I went to install it, I had the power and negate switch around. It's the hifonics 1500 watt mono amp from sonicelectronix. My buddy checked the fuses and he said that they're blown. CA I just replace these ad it will be fine or did I fry it?

Please don't be so hrd on me for such an idiotic mistake lol

Couldn't tell you. Seems random but its been a long time since I've seen someone hook up an amp backwards. Hifonics BRX and BRZ amps are okay but the lower lines are pretty cheaply made Chinese amps

Hey, my son just did that to his 5 channel Pioneer. Walked up with all three fuses and this confused look on his face, said he couldn't understand why it would do that. "Well let's just have a quick look...yeah, that can be a problem" I said. We switched the wires and then stuck new fuses in it. It's seems like all is well. Hope it works out for you.

Put the phone down and DRIVE!!

What all determines weather they'll work or not? Is it just brand? I've read that hifonics was a very solid brand on a few websites.
Hifonics hasn't been good since Mark Wahlburg was a boy band.

They're the big 70amp fuses. This amp takes 2 of them
That is probably fused way too high to actually protect the amp. That said some amps have protection circuits that should save them, but the thing about protection circuits is they work good until the time they don't work.. Doing this is a great way to teach yourself not to rush. More folks than will admit it have done this under various circumstances.

Hey, my son just did that to his 5 channel Pioneer. Walked up with all three fuses and this confused look on his face, said he couldn't understand why it would do that. "Well let's just have a quick look...yeah, that can be a problem" I said. We switched the wires and then stuck new fuses in it. It's seems like all is well. Hope it works out for you.
Put the phone down and DRIVE!!
Thanks I'm hoping it works out too.

So I got the fuses installed today. Popped them in, crossed my fingers, turned the car on and thank goodness the amp still works!! I'm so happy I didn't mess this amp up with my stupiditu. Lesson learned, no more rushing!! Thanks for everyone's input

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Just_Learning

Just_Learning
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
BOOMINGRANDPA