Subwoofers and windows

This is just out of curiousity, but does anyone have a preference on what and how many windows they roll down in their car/SUV when they play their systems? Ive seen people (with systems) driving around with only their front two windows down, while others have all four windows down. Heck ive even seen people with only their back two windows rolled down.

I have a 2002 corolla, and ive noticed that when i have ALL FOUR windows rolled down, the tonal bass pretty much escapes before it reaches my ears/seat. The punch is still there, though. I would assume it was because the tone escapes out the rear windows. So i tried playing my music with ONLY my back windows rolled down while the ones in front were up, and it was loud as balls; almost louder than when i only had my front windows down. So there went my theory of bass escaping out the back windows before it reached me.

So yeah, i just wanna know if you guys have any preferences on what and how many windows you roll down while playing your systems.

Every vehicle is different, man. That's really the only answer to the question. Personally, my two front windows down makes for optimal sound in my car.

Both front windows down is the loudest for me, though all 4 down gives me the least amount of interior panel rattling that I can hear. I usually bump with just the front 2 down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.