Subwoofer specs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Icecube91

Senior VIP Member
Sorry I started a double thread. Please delete the other one.

Kind of a noob question but how much of a factor do subwoofer specs play a role when comparing woofers? I'm talking about sensitivity, xmax, voice coil size, magnet size. What other specs do you look at when looking at woofers?

Specs are only good for giving a rough idea how a sub with perform. Depending on what your goals are and type of box and space and power depends what specs are more important to look at.

That's kind of like asking what's the best flavor if ice cream. The only limit to how many different answers you'll get is the number of people you ask.

Specs tell us different things about a loudspeaker and we're concerned with different ones depending on the type of application the speaker is used in, the amount of power it will receive, the type of cabinet it will be in, et al.

If I knew what you're trying to accomplish, I could tell you which specs to concern yourself with but just as a general question, it's too open ended and almost entirely subjective.

That's kind of like asking what's the best flavor if ice cream. The only limit to how many different answers you'll get is the number of people you ask.
Specs tell us different things about a loudspeaker and we're concerned with different ones depending on the type of application the speaker is used in, the amount of power it will receive, the type of cabinet it will be in, et al.

If I knew what you're trying to accomplish, I could tell you which specs to concern yourself with but just as a general question, it's too open ended and almost entirely subjective.
What I am trying to accomplish is something that will hit very hard and can be heard from a distance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.