Subwoofer signal

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lockymck

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all, new here. I am in the proces of starting to upgrade my stock car audio system. I am upgrading all speakers and in front i will be wiring up the components in bi-amp mode using a kicker key 200.4 amp. The rear speakers will be run off the factory head unit. I prefer to have the soind comming mainly through the front and only have the rear just noticeable, so will be fading to the fronts heavily. I am installing a kicker hideaway 10"sub (has amp built in) under the seat. Where should i het the sub signal from?
I will be using a "t" harnes to wire everything into the factory loom/head unit. Should i try and get signal from the front speaker wire befor it goes into the kicker key amp so as to avoid the signal being weak from the rear speakers due to the front bias fading? Am i correct in thinking of tapping into the front speaker wires before the amp to get a un amplified/adjusted signal to allow the subs amp and settings to have full control?
Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any advice. Cheers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...