Subwoofer sensitivity adjuster

Participant count
  • Participant list

Enzotim

UK
Hi guys, I've had a hertz dieci dba 200.3 installed in my peugeot for a while now, the install was done by a professional company and the results were fantastic, I moved the sun yesterday and have moved the sensitivity knob and don't know what to say it to, the car is a peugeot 208 with the standard head unit, any ideas what it should be set at? It goes from 0.3 to 5v vrms, the subwoofer is connected to the high level input from the speakers.

we call that the gain., should never go past 1/2 way so start like 1/4 of the way (with music playing about 80% volume) see how that sounds, turn gain up or down from there

we call that the gain., should never go past 1/2 way so start like 1/4 of the way (with music playing about 80% volume) see how that sounds, turn gain up or down from there
U don't even know what your talking about. Sounds like he's using a line converter for his signal so his gain could very well need to be 3/4th the way up if he's getting a low signal. There are videos on YouTube on how to set your gain. Just watch the video and do the same thing using a digital multimeter.

lol...the other boomin' gettin' some **** today //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

U don't even know what your talking about. Sounds like he's using a line converter for his signal so his gain could very well need to be 3/4th the way up if he's getting a low signal. There are videos on YouTube on how to set your gain. Just watch the video and do the same thing using a digital multimeter.
i assumed he's talking about gain maybe on powered sub or something from uk..

Hi guys, I thought it might have been gain but want sure die to the different name, the subwoofer has a hi level input so no converter was used, so to set gain you put the hu to 80% volume (without distortion) and then set the gain on the sub? Or do the method with the multimeter

Hi guys, I thought it might have been gain but want sure die to the different name, the subwoofer has a hi level input so no converter was used, so to set gain you put the hu to 80% volume (without distortion) and then set the gain on the sub? Or do the method with the multimeter
will u can use meter but as jeff here says if u use a test tone or 1 song to set it and get it perfect then next song or freq it won't be so i'd just adjust it but ear never go over 1/2 way, if your hu has 2 v preout most will end up around 35-50% gain if 4-5v most end up 15-25% gain., pepps will argue about the correct way to do it but they all end up between 15-55% unless u just set it to high., if u have someing cray like 2k rms going to 1 sub with 5v preout then u may only set to 10% but thats the very rare situation..

btw it was a gain., as i said dude is from uk man and don't know amps..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.