Subwoofer problem

Participant count
  • Participant list
I installed a brand new system 3 weeks ago. It was playing very well for the first 2 weeks. I also purchased a brand new battery under the hood. Last week I noticed the bass was not hitting as hard. Then I get in the car again and it's working. The problem started happening after I removed the head unit and reinstalled. Last night I noticed when I mess with the subwoofer control on the hu up and down the bass will all of a sudden come back full power just to fade back to being quieter. The subs are the only thing doing this. The component set still plays just as loud. The subs still work but just aren't as loud as they should be. Like I said before the first two weeks everything was working great. I know my ground is not that good right now. It was a quick install and I haven't had much time to mess with it. I didn't scrape the paint off of where I grounded it. I do plan on doing that and doing big 3 this weekend. I was just wondering if this could be a ground issue or maybe my alternator is not capable of handling as much power I'm trying to push. Has this happened to anyone or anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

The gain was set close with a dmm. And all bass boosts were off.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

I will update after I have gone through all the wiring.

No I haven't. The power wire going to the battery is not good either. I need to solder it. And fix my ground. But do you think that could cause this issue?

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

I will have to get at it tomorrow morning before work

yeah......... could do, just wire everything correctly and test it.... may be an issue with the amp, but until you have everything wired up correctly (with tight connections ect.) u wont know

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.