Subwoofer help needed

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fritts326

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I’ve been hearing some distortion/buzzing like flapping from my subs. I can’t figure it out. I’ve looked over the subs. No tears, smells fine, no punctures and voice coil looks good from what I can tell. I’ve ohlmed them out seems like a 100 times. Dual 2 ohlm subs each voice coil holds steady at 1.9 and 2.1 on each sub. It’s making me crazy. Any help would be appreciated.

2 X8 V3 dual 2 ohlm sundowns wired .5 ohlms to a skar 2000.1D 1/0 power and ground. Big 3 plus (cheap) marine battery at the amp plus the 2 batteries in my diesel f250. 2 cubic ft ported 35 hz enclosure. Oem wiring harness with audio outs with factory deck (work truck didn’t want to be changing out the deck. I wanted it as stock looking as possible)

I would check your enclosure also to see if there are any leaks around the subs. Make sure the enclosure is completely sealed other than the port area. It may be better to run those subs at a 2ohm load rather than 1/2 , Just my 2 cents. As stated, may want to check your tuning and gains as well

Turn your volume or gains down....your pushing your sub stage past its comfort zone....either upgrade or turn **** down...plain and simple IMO
I’m running the gain at around a third or a bit more. Under half. The stupid wire harness has a left and right dial on it. It’s set at about half or a bit more and I don’t turn the head unit up more than 18 out of 30

I would check your enclosure also to see if there are any leaks around the subs. Make sure the enclosure is completely sealed other than the port area. It may be better to run those subs at a 2ohm load rather than 1/2 , Just my 2 cents. As stated, may want to check your tuning and gains as well
I think I’m gonna wire them back at 2 and see if they still sound rough.

Check your RCAs as well. A good friend of mine had a hell of a SQ install in his truck, and later he had issues with hissing and static that was annoying as hell. After about a good 6 hours of tracing, speaker mounting investigations, swapping out Gladden amps to some of my Zeds, I came across accidently with the exposed portion of the RCAs touching and even being close were the culprit on back of the HU. Oversized Heat shrink on each worked just fine for the issue.

Check your RCAs as well. A good friend of mine had a hell of a SQ install in his truck, and later he had issues with hissing and static that was annoying as hell. After about a good 6 hours of tracing, speaker mounting investigations, swapping out Gladden amps to some of my Zeds, I came across accidently with the exposed portion of the RCAs touching and even being close were the culprit on back of the HU. Oversized Heat shrink on each worked just fine for the issue.
I’ll do that. I didn’t use very good quality rcas. I should probably just replace them with some decent ones.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...