subwoofer grille for high excursion subs?

does anyone make these? or am i gonna have to fab something up myself? im not sure exactly what sub im getting yet but something along the lines of a DC XL or Fi BTL, sub will be a 12" regardless, i know i wont be able to use a normal grille because the surround would get fucked up.. only thing i can think of is to use the w7 grille

http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/mfg/9013/product_image/thm/t404_x1_36b8386507634190fe1c62da332c31cd.jpg

but i want more coverage than that.. the sub is going in a center console sub box. thats why i ask. dont want any hands or anything touching it.

any suggestions?

I'm looking as well.

Im sure someone will say this one-

260-442_s.jpg

..... but those dont really protect against something poking the cone.

I'm looking as well.
Im sure someone will say this one-

260-442_s.jpg

..... but those dont really protect against something poking the cone.
actaully that could work.. possibly if you just glued some chicken wire or even like... screen door mesh to it itd do fine??

I like that!
try it out! hopefully itll work solder some chicken wire on it for bracing then just glue the wire mesh boom! un touchable sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

try it out! hopefully itll work solder some chicken wire on it for bracing then just glue the wire mesh boom! un touchable sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Yeah! And then paint it black or something. Would look sick. Thanks man

you can use a grill,and place several washers under it (waffell) grill,to get it a few inches off the sub.ive done before,for a pair of high excursion subs under a truck seat,never had an issuePAIR 10 Inch Subwoofer Speaker Classic Grill Grills | eBay
I see

Just make an mdf ring to raise a normal one higher.......
ehh it'd look nasty though

imo id rather not use a grille unless completely necesary. it does muffle the sound a little..
this is true.

ehh it'd look nasty though.
And you think that grill pictured above with chicken wire would look pimp?

Seriously.....if you make a ring, bevel the edge and wrap it....it can look like part of the box and look good. Just have to get creative.

And you think that grill pictured above with chicken wire would look pimp?
Seriously.....if you make a ring, bevel the edge and wrap it....it can look like part of the box and look good. Just have to get creative.
I wouldnt use chicken wire lol something similar but way more aesthically pleasing. But I like your idea too. Just don't want it to be muffled

But I see what your saying. How would I secure it though for a quick release? Anything besides Velcro?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.