Subwoofer cooling inside vs outside of box?

Participant count
  • Participants list
If you are running a super small sealed box with a huge amount of power, it MIGHT make a small difference. Other than that I don’t think it would make any noticeable difference.

If you are running a super small sealed box with a huge amount of power, it MIGHT make a small difference. Other than that I don’t think it would make any noticeable difference.
And if your box is ported, I wouldn’t worry about it, unless you have AC vents blowing directly into the subs or something.
The only time I invert subs for cooling is with sealed boxes, usually in high powered 4th order bandpasses.
Thanks guys. 90% of the reason I want to invert is because the Nsv5 motors are so damn sexy. And the other 10% is because ease of wiring.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

To do this magic, should the microphone always be kept in the driver's seat or on the dashboard?...since that is where it must go in phase with...
LOL. Ya man. Its been busy. Im off today, but got stuff to do around the Casa.Be a Great sub man, and very nice amplifier. If you can swing a few...
Open screw holes sound like a little muffler, loose box panels sound like a massager on a wooden table.
You can add a passive x-over between the HK harness and Logic sub. Just know that an inline passive will also affect the HK sub's frequency curve...

About this thread

Jonnyswboy

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Jonnyswboy
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
metalheadjoe