Subwoofer and amplifier help!!

DJSlowfets

Senior VIP Member
CA
Hey guys 15 turning 16 in two weeks so getting a pontiac grand am :) i know the subs that i am getting for sure this will be a long thread but im so interested in car audio and am just learning i have lots of questions first here is the model to the woofers i am getting.

*sub model* Alpine SWR-12D4 getting two of those subs..

Now i know the difference between peak and rms i want to run it at 4 ohms and ideally run at 600 watts! Can someone link me to a amplifier that can power both subs at around 600 watts and under $200 :)

Next will my alternator be able to support that much power ? Will i need the big 3 ? And if not what should i do..

And the final thing for those subs i want and amp that fits my subs. My subs will be in the trunk do i want a ported or enclosed woofer box?

THANK YOU FOR ANYONE QUESTIONS YOU CAN ANSWER!!

If you are getting two of these alpines. They are 600 rms each. your looking at 1200 watts rms. As for amps that run at 1200 watts and 4 ohms. Theres Boss PH3000D. And if your really looking for 600 watts rms. Then theres like Power Acoustik BAMF-2000/1D which runs 600 watts at 4 ohms. And these are all mono-blocks.

As for enclosure i always get ported. Maybe cause i just like more boomy type bass. louder type to me.

Hey guys 15 turning 16 in two weeks so getting a pontiac grand am :) i know the subs that i am getting for sure this will be a long thread but im so interested in car audio and am just learning i have lots of questions first here is the model to the woofers i am getting.
*sub model* Alpine SWR-12D4 getting two of those subs..

Now i know the difference between peak and rms i want to run it at 4 ohms and ideally run at 600 watts! Can someone link me to a amplifier that can power both subs at around 600 watts and under $200 :)

Next will my alternator be able to support that much power ? Will i need the big 3 ? And if not what should i do..

And the final thing for those subs i want and amp that fits my subs. My subs will be in the trunk do i want a ported or enclosed woofer box?

THANK YOU FOR ANYONE QUESTIONS YOU CAN ANSWER!!
really and good 1ohm stable amp will get you 1200W at 1 ohm. if you are actually getting D4 subs you can wire to 1 ohm or 4 ohms. look for a used Sundown SAZ 1200D or SAZ 1500D and you will be set for amps. as for your alt, there are a ton of factors and no way to really know unless you put the system in.

Matt

Thank you guys so much ! :)

One last question sorry guys

What type of amp do i need i alot of different types ( class d, monoblock, 2channel, 4 channel) which ones for those subs?

lol you remind me of myself, unlike most people around here it looks like you did your research before throwing up threads (even though it is in the wrong section)haha but just messin w/ u. But you want to look at class D monoblocks. As for amps look into something like what Matt said. There are a lot of CHEAP amps claiming to have big power that aren't worth ****. Deff. go ported (your 16 im guessing you want to have the loudest system in your HS) Remember, most of car audio is you get what you pay for. So cheapest isn't always best, however not to say that there aren't good deals floating around. Keep your eyes peeled in forum classifieds like this one and youll be alright. Good luck bud

Thanks man ! I always obsess over stupid shi* like this im just so interested.. do you think with those subs running 600 rms at 4ohms will get people looking? (;

run the subs at 1500 rms for the pair at 1 ohm ,forget what the guy said about boss and power acoustic straight garbage amps .also if you are going to best buy to get your system , DONT they have no clue what good is .there are some good deals here and some vendors / dealers that can help you out

run the subs at 1500 rms for the pair at 1 ohm ,forget what the guy said about boss and power acoustic straight garbage amps .also if you are going to best buy to get your system , DONT they have no clue what good is .there are some good deals here and some vendors / dealers that can help you out
^What he said

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.