Subs Very Quite. What am I doing wrong.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I've been searching forums for the past two days to figure out what is going wrong. Just pick up a new system setup and im clueless as to what I'm doing wrong. Here's what i have:

-pioneer 55HD

-memphis 1500 watt amp

-2 12" JL W3v1 6ohms

The jls have 8 terminals. 4 positive and 4 negative. I looked on the jl website on how to wire them. Still not 100% sure i did it right.

I plugged the rca cables into the amp from my phone. Get decent sound for coming from a phone.

Qhen plugged into the radio the subs are super quite and barely move.

Im going to have to say it has something to do with getting the ohms right. On the amp it had both front and rear rcas. I'm just using the same rear. It has connections for two sets of speakers with the word bridge above it.

You can still run the 4-channel amp bridged as 2-channels. Wire up the subs in this method:

Left channel (+) >> sub #1 (+) .... (+)

(-) >> sub #1 (-) .... (-)

Right channel (+) >> sub #2 (+) .... (+)

(-) >> sub #2 (-) .... (-)

You will running the amp @ 1.5 ohms per channel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.