Subs Stopped

connersdad19
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I was riding to the store and i got my system about half way up......I have 2 cvr 12 dual 4ohm...powered by a power acoustik lt1920/2.....the system is playing good and then all of a sudden they stop working. These subs are less then 2 weeks old.....the amp isnot in protect mode or nothing...what should i do/?

start the trouble shooting process... check the subs. even tho the amp is on test it with a speaker you have lying around ( any speaker will do) . test subs with dmm see what it reads... if it says 4 ohm at each voice coil the subs are good.....if they read nothing.. there paper waights.... useless. get em replaced

bro its the amp. same thing happened with my power acoustik a2400db. i mean the exact same thing. i took my amp in to get it looked at and the guys told me the output terminals to the subs were bad. sounds like the same thing with your bro.

bro its the amp. same thing happened with my power acoustik a2400db. i mean the exact same thing. i took my amp in to get it looked at and the guys told me the output terminals to the subs were bad. sounds like the same thing with your bro.
without looking at it i wouldent jump to tht conclusion.... even tho i have had a american bass do the exact same thing... ( on but no sound) id have it checked out buy a certified installer...

Wow yeah! I mean, it could be a loose ground connection, blown fuse, disconnected signal cable, etc etc... but its gotta be the amp, right bro? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

It could be alot of things. Start the troubleshooting process like Seth said. If you need help with that, start a new thread... we'll help ya.

well i had some 6x9s laying around i went out and disconnected one of my cvrs and hooked it to the amp....and guess what....nothing no music or nothing came out of it....what should i do? i mean there is no protect light on the amp or nothing it is not red at all.....it lights up etc....what am i suppose to do?

well i had some 6x9s laying around i went out and disconnected one of my cvrs and hooked it to the amp....and guess what....nothing no music or nothing came out of it....what should i do? i mean there is no protect light on the amp or nothing it is not red at all.....it lights up etc....what am i suppose to do?
Check your signal cables next (RCA's).

well before i go to buy the dmm.....i decided to hook up another amp to it....just a little lightning audio amp....only to one sub....so its playing for like 2 minutes....then that amp goes into protect.....i then disconnect power and ground and reconnect and it starts playing....so i decided to try that wiht my power acoustik but nothing...any ideas?....maybe the pa is in protect....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.