Subs not hitting pls help

Doesn't the capacitor stabilize the voltage as far as pulling powerfrom it instead of just pulling straight from the battery? I don't drive it every day its a weekend toy. But I figured I'd kill the stock alternator with it. I was looking at a 300 amp alternator and yes its a bagged 04 silverado. It's a 3k amp but is only pushing 1500 rms with subs wired to 1 ohm correct, so really its like having a 1500 rms amp but using every bit of power from it if I understand all this correctly?

Doesn't the capacitor stabilize the voltage as far as pulling powerfrom it instead of just pulling straight from the battery? I don't drive it every day its a weekend toy. But I figured I'd kill the stock alternator with it. I was looking at a 300 amp alternator and yes its a bagged 04 silverado. It's a 3k amp but is only pushing 1500 rms with subs wired to 1 ohm correct, so really its like having a 1500 rms amp but using every bit of power from it if I understand all this correctly?
That amp is doing the 3000 watts on 1 ohm. Well trying to if your electrical allows

edit: what he said ^

ha, just kidding. My brains exhausted, I checked my receipts there the dual 2 ohm subs so after looking at the diagram i used its at a 2ohm load not a 1 ohm load. i knew it didnt seam right about 3000 rms. I got that amp to pair with those subs perfectly after speaking with sundown rep. now that i think about it i should have just got the 4 ohm woofers with a 1500 rms amp and saved some money. can u tell im frustrated with this crap yet???

ha, just kidding. My brains exhausted, I checked my receipts there the dual 2 ohm subs so after looking at the diagram i used its at a 2ohm load not a 1 ohm load. i knew it didnt seam right about 3000 rms. I got that amp to pair with those subs perfectly after speaking with sundown rep. now that i think about it i should have just got the 4 ohm woofers with a 1500 rms amp and saved some money. can u tell im frustrated with this crap yet???
They should be getting around 1k each... Should be plenty loud... Get a new box and she will be wangin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody mentioned if the wiring was outta phase??!!

Get some sleep 1st....redo the wiring on amp and subs then check back. But.....I really think another battery and HO alt would be needed to support that amp before you come here crying again saying your amp fried because you couldn't support the electrical on stock electrical.

As mylows10 said, ditch that dam cap. It's just a band-aid for your electrical system.

Same answer, just get rid of the cap.

Please get a Digital Multi-Meter. Its a very useful tool to see if your amp is putting out proper power signal or not. http://knowledge.sonicelectronix.com/car-audio-and-video/car-amplifiers/how-to-adjust-amplifier-gains-using-a-digital-multi-meter/

Check back when you See how much AC volts your amp is putting out.

Box to small=suffocating woofers and at 2ohm prly rising 4-5ohm you just ain't getting the output u need. U should have the correct enclosure and the correct electrical to run a 3k amp. U need like 2 group 31batts in the rear to do that.

2 sa12's d4s hooked up to a scv-3000d not hitting. Subs wired to 2 ohms in a ported box with 1.5 cuft air space. Biggest ported box I could get while retaining my back seat.
My bad. It is 1ohm they're wired to checked with a dmm . Got the diagram at the12v.com. but yes 1.5 cuft per chamber. So 3 total cuft in the box.
My bad. It is 1ohm they're wired to checked with a dmm . Got the diagram at the12v.com. but yes 1.5 cuft per chamber. So 3 total cuft in the box.

My guess is by reading these you have no clue what ohm woofers you have or even if it's hooked up correct.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.