Subs not as loud

Participant count
  • Participant list

eaglesguy1981j
10+ year member

Iowa
My truck subs Infinity 10's aren't nearly as loud as before. They both still work! Ive checked the connections to the amp as well as too the box. Im thinking that perhaps one of the preouts on the HU may have went. Could someone tell me how to test to see if they have voltage? I assume i could check this from the RCAs coming from the HU?

My truck subs Infinity 10's aren't nearly as loud as before. They both still work! Ive checked the connections to the amp as well as too the box. Im thinking that perhaps one of the preouts on the HU may have went. Could someone tell me how to test to see if they have voltage? I assume i could check this from the RCAs coming from the HU?
Set a digital multimeter to AC current and test the HU RCA jacks for voltage while playing music

Quick question. Is it really cold there right now? If so thats your problem. Let your equipment warm up for awhile before playing it. Mine isnt as loud either unless ive been driving for awhile its been in the teens here lately.

But as he said above also check voltage at rcas

Set a digital multimeter to AC current and test the HU RCA jacks for voltage while playing music
dont test with music.. voltage will be everywhere.

you should test with a test tone as you will get a consist voltage.

but anyway ya im in the single digits here DAMMM IT *****,,, WERE SUMMER.

so ya mine is not as loud ether until it totally worms up in the cabin.

so just play at low volume until things worm up.

dont test with music.. voltage will be everywhere.you should test with a test tone as you will get a consist voltage.

but anyway ya im in the single digits here DAMMM IT *****,,, WERE SUMMER.

so ya mine is not as loud ether until it totally worms up in the cabin.

so just play at low volume until things worm up.
It'll jump around on music, but he was wondering if it was putting out any voltage. If he wanted to know what voltage they actually put out, test tones would be the only option

cold circuits present a higher resistance to electricity than warm circuits.

Its not your RCAs they wont half way work they will work or not work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.