subs get quite when I turn bass boost on my head unit on...

Participant count
  • Participant list

highwater

I have a jl XD 1000 pushing 2 sundown E 12s. When I turn the bass boost on my alpine head unit, they get way quiter. It's not a big deal considering I have the amp set right with the bass boost off on my head unit. Now the door speakers hit harder with the basss boost on. But subs don't. Im just wondering if something's wrong with the wiring. RCAs maybe?

I don't want to use it. I just happen to turn it on one day and noticed it made my subs barely even and was curious if something maybe wrong with the wrong or if that's just normal some times

Some advanced users use it slightly for EQ, but it is not recommended
I plan on boosting my 20-25hz range for my taramps to even out the roll off. need to verify the HD series has this rolloff at all first though..

I plan on boosting my 20-25hz range for my taramps to even out the roll off. need to verify the HD series has this rolloff at all first though..
Most "bass boost" is centered around 40hz. You'll have to custom EQ that

the external crossover i have is frequency adjustable, lowest it goes is 25hz so i need to do some testing
Wait, the lowest your external subsonic filter goes to is 25? Then yeah, you're going to have low-end roll-off from that, regardless of the amp.

I have my subsonic filter all the way off, lol. The natural voltage roll-off works like one anyways

Wait, the lowest your external subsonic filter goes to is 25? Then yeah, you're going to have low-end roll-off from that, regardless of the amp.
I have my subsonic filter all the way off, lol. The natural voltage roll-off works like one anyways
my bad i wasnt clear enough, the "boost" is adjustable in frequency from 25hz to like 60hz, not sure of the q though. thats why i need to do some testing and see how it boosts, if it boosts 30-35hz as well due to the q thatd be bad. the roll off is only 3-5db so id probably just bump it up 3db

Ok, Q on those types of crossovers is how wide the boost frequency range is, iirc. You could set it to 25hz, and then adjust the Q to set how far it will roll off in each direction. At least that's my limited understanding of it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.