Subs, and a Fuzz noise

if you are still under warranty... why are you waiting for an answer from us. go exchange them already! but before you hook up the new ones... make sure everything is wired properly!

With the little problem above, I found out why there wasnt any sound, and also figured out why there was a pop noise, then a fuzzy sound. The Power wire coming from the battery, melted and BLEW off the Battery. All fuses are ok, however, the power wire was melted down! Badly. To fix this I bought two RF style Top mount battery post thingy's and installed those, then went out back to the subs; and took out the Amp, Installed a Jensen Mono 500 watt amp, who I picked up from a friend, then went on to Install a shut off switch to turn off the amp. All that done, got in the car turned to stereo on (after recharging the battery) and Noticed how low adn Shitty sounding the subs were, then I messed with the gains, didnt work. What to do now? Should the old amp be reinstalled? Or should he get new subs? Thanks a lot See Ya'

Brian.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

if your wire melted you must have had a pretty thin guage wire in there. what amp was in place originally and what subs are we talking about. give me all specs (VC, ohms, RMS watts, etc.) for the amps and subs. how do you have the subs wired to the amp?

Subs 2 RF2412's

12 inch

Type Woofer

Voice coil Configuration - Single

Material - Aluminum

Description -

1.5 6-Layer

Cone Material Other -

Polypropylene

Frame Material Frame - Stamped

Material - Steel

Surround Material Foam

Spider

Crossover

Specifications Frequency response - 27 to 200 Hz

Power handling(RMS) - 100 Watts

Power handling(Peak) - 200 Watts

Impedance - 4 Ohms

Sensitivity - 88 db

Vas - 4.8

Fs - 27

Qes - .66

Qms - 7.31

Qts - .61

Mms/Gms - 3.74

Xmax - 7

Revc - 3.6

Levc - 4.2

Sd - 83.70

BI - 9.9

Dimensions Depth Top mount - 5.40625 in.

Depth Bottom mount - 4.90625 in.

Cutout - 11.125 in.

The amp Install Kit

RP1721-C

8 AWG Amp Power Kit

Jensen Amp

Specs:

OUTPUT SECTION Number of Channels 2

RMS Power Per Channel @ 4 ohm 125x2

RMS Power Per Channel @ 2 ohm 175x2

RMS Power Bridged @ 4 ohm 350x1

XA2125 Features

MOSFET power supply

Complimentary bi-polar output transistors

2 ohm Stable (stereo operation)

Tri-mode operation

Bridgeable operation

Selectable crossover (High pass/low pass/full range)

Variable high pass crossover (40-400Hz)

Variable low pass crossover (40-400Hz)

12dB/Octave crossover slope

12dB Variable bass boost @ 45Hz

Remote bass control

High level inputs

Input level controls

Pass through RCA outputs

Extruded aluminum heatsink

Top mounted controls

Thermal/short circuit protection

Low impedance/DC offset protection

Power/Protect LED indicator

Screw holes - 8

Magnet weight - 26 oz.

I'm a little confused here. You list in your sig that you have Punch HX2's, which is arguably Rockford Fosgates best Subwoofer. The sub you describe in your post however, is a Punch Z, the basic lowest model sub that RF makes. I guess I'm just wondering why you have in your sig that you have HX2's but the sub you list is the base Punch Z?

look at his signature, at the bottom it says he has 2 12" Rockford Fosgate HX2's as the sub that he has. The sub he talks about in his post the RF2412 or whatever is the Punch Z, not the HX2, that is my point. I just don't know why he has HX2 listed under his signature

They are Bridged. He has i think 4 Guage power wire, 8 Gauge ground and 18 gauge. remote wire. Yes I have 2 12" RF HX2's. the Punch z's are my Brothers, but he is alos gettin 2 HX2's once he gets his Other car fixed. 1991 Mazda Protege LX, He's in need of a rebuilt automatic transmission. Then he'll be back on the road with beloved car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif . My car, if you were wondering is a 1978 Thunderbird w/429 Cubic Inch Enigne. 5 Speed Cobra R' Trans. Blah Blah and the system mentioned in my Signature. Well I guess I'm done, so I'm just not feeling to well today or else I'd type a message with more detail. Sorry guys. Lata.

Brian

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.